Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Suspicious package found in Midtown

http://www.freep.com/article/2013041...icious-package

Not a whole lot of information out there yet...

Hopefully it's nothing.

Suspicious package? Must be the Temple Bar.

There will be acts of terror in America. But this nation will not give to FEAR! Neither Detroit. If we find the prep who planted a suspicious package, he or she will be dealt with.

There was 2 grenades found in a Southwest Detroit neighborhood. The bomb squad get rid of them before it blows up.

Of what was the package suspicious?

I hear its a gatorade bottle full of a strange yellow liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Was it Vernors?

If it appeared oily/greasy, it was probably somebody's Church's Chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    WindsorDave couldn't find an open bathroom again?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Was it Vernors?
    I dunno want to taste it and find out?

Gatorade sounds, looks and smells like a cheap kind of ant-o-freeze, but is probably a lot worse for your helf.

It was found in a dumpster. Dumpsters are usually pretty sturdy. That wouldn't be a very effective place to plant a bomb. It might be a good place if you wanted to minimize the damage though.

What a mess lately. Bombs, ricin, murdered DAs and prosecutors. I'm starting to lose track.

Is this thread drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    How do you even know it's pee? Did you drink from it to find out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It was found in a dumpster. Dumpsters are usually pretty sturdy. That wouldn't be a very effective place to plant a bomb. It might be a good place if you wanted to minimize the damage though.

What a mess lately. Bombs, ricin, murdered DAs and prosecutors. I'm starting to lose track.
    They very quietly solved the DA and prosecutor murders down in TX. It WASN'T any of their usual suspects. It was one of their own gone bad. But, since it doesn't fit their agenda, it will not be trumpeted on the evening news the same way as if it were a socially-acceptable bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    It WASN'T any of their usual suspects.
    Nope. Wasn't me...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    They very quietly solved the DA and prosecutor murders down in TX. It WASN'T any of their usual suspects. It was one of their own gone bad. But, since it doesn't fit their agenda, it will not be trumpeted on the evening news the same way as if it were a socially-acceptable bad guy.
    The coverage of it was pretty damn pervasive, and it seemed like they suspected them all along. would not be surprised if they "leaked" the other info just to make the real suspects feel secure while they built their case

Whoa, I wasn't looking at that angle.

As for this package, we saw the bomb squad and hazmat teams truckin' up Woodward...I used to half-joke with the haz-dudes when I lived in the Market that I hoped they had the most boring day ever, each time I saw them polishing their truck.

So glad it was nothing. Can't believe what my friends in Boston are enduring. They are all a bit freaked out, being in the middle of the hurricane of action without any consistent reports of what is happening or when they can go outside again.

Sure don't want that here...ever.

Suspicious Package Found In Midtown

Imagine, finding a package in a dumpster!

Given this is the cesspool called Midtown, it might have been less suspicious if they had simply dropped it on the sidewalk or doorway.

Everyone Please! when in Midtown put your garbage where it belongs.

I was relieved to learn it did not contain the mortal remains of Windsordave.
    Last edited by RickBeall; April-19-13 at 03:55 PM.