Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Historic Fort Wayne on SYFY Channel last nite

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Haunted%2...rs/vid:2640031

thats the trailer. a friend of mine DVR'd it; i had totally forgotten it was going to air. anyway the show is "Haunted Collector" and the episode is "Fort Fear".

ill just say that i am not into ghosthunting, shows about ghosthunting, or even placing ghosthunting into the realm of anything resembling science, but whatever; the show is designed to be entertainment, and that's what it is.

i was on site taking care of business the whole time during filming, so i kind of had to chuckle seeing some of the things they filmed actually being screened. it's so bizarre to see the place im so familiar with on TV, in HD...lol it's like seeing your own house on TV. [[made even more bizarre when youre a person who doesnt even watch or have TV at home). i will say they made the place look real good, videographically, even if the content is pretty ridiculous. to each his own. it was also hilarious to see Jim Conway, Chris & Jo on TV

oh, and btw...the "volunteers" are not "afraid to come down" due to paranormal activity...that is hollywood talking

Quote Originally Posted by WaCoTS View Post
    oh, and btw...the "volunteers" are not "afraid to come down" due to paranormal activity...that is hollywood talking
    I was listening to that line on the show, and told my wife, "what bullshit that is". The haunting, if there is any, is part of the fort's attractiveness at night. and, to the right people, even during the day. Especially that "jail" building.

yeah the thing to remember is that this type of show is entertainment. just remember--SyFy stands for science FICTION.

if i recall correctly it took them at least 3 takes to get that scene where they run out of the jail at night chasing a ghost or whatever it was. so yeah...

the show does shed some light on the fort to a national audience, which i guess is good, but i hope it hasnt made it into a sideshow attraction. that's not what we're trying to promote.
    Last edited by WaCoTS; April-18-13 at 02:47 PM.

lol... those ghost TV shows are such houey... I remember one where the ghost hunters were talking to a 16th century ghost in a medieval Austrian castle. Last time I checked... 16th century German speaking ghosts don't have Google Translate at the ready to understand English...

This might explain why coracle only lasted 10 min.?
    Last edited by Wheels; April-18-13 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    This might explain why coracle only lasted 10 min.?
    lol....

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    The haunting, if there is any, is part of the fort's attractiveness at night. and, to the right people, even during the day.
    these days, i spend immensely more time on site at the Fort than any other person, even the security guards who are here daily for 8hr shifts. i have been here at all times of day or night, i have spent the night here many times, i have been in every single building except one, and 90% of the time i am alone on site. i have been here in every season, and in every type of weather.

still, i have never had an "experience." granted, i have only been here since 2009, and Jim Conway has been here for 40yrs. but as far as i know Jim has never had any "experiences" either.

is the fort creepy? yes. your mind can wander on those cold dark winter nights when the shadows from the streetlights cast long dancing forms on the blgs, and thoughts of the several ancient indian burial mounds that are buried here can occupy one's mind. this place is remote, and silent, and can be eerie some nights. but i am still a staunch agnostic. i have never been given any reason to believe in the paranormal, and trust me i've given the paranormal plenty of opportunities to make a believer out of me and it hasnt happened yet.

i hear lots of sounds, and i see lots of things, and i have felt lots of drafts and sudden temperature changes, but no ghosts. this stuff is all natural. i have to chuckle when i hear the stories others have told of "encounters." as far as im concerned, the only ghost here is me.
    Last edited by WaCoTS; April-18-13 at 04:27 PM.

probably the scariest thing i've ever heard here is the sounds of gunshots. somebody popped off 10rds with a rifle 2 nites ago close enough to make the guards in the guard booth hit the deck and call DPD [[who actually responded in record time, unbelievably). i was inside Blg 112 and heard it loudly enough to make me drop what i was doing and run outside to see what was going on. but that was the only time ive heard shots close enough to make me pay more than 2 seconds of attention.

supposedly one of the other guys has heard the wailing of the coyote who hangs around the area, but i havent heard [[or seen) him yet. though the guards insisted they saw a coyote, for months i refused to believe it...until Jim, Andre & Tom all reported seeing him by the Visitor Center in February. said he was real mangy too.

after that i started tracking him by his prints in the snow. i did this for weeks, and followed him all thru the old Revere Copper & Brass property. wherever he lives, it's not around here. his prints were distinguishable by the fact that they were twice as big as the foxes'. he comes to drink out of a broken water main leak near Blg 314. after a while i stopped seeing his tracks here. i suspect he has already died, or the fact that i put my scent all over his hunting grounds [[Revere Copper) has forced him to a new area.

anyway, tangent.....rain has stopped now, back to work