Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Vernor's in Glass Bottles?

Looking for some Vernor's in glass bottles, anyone ever seen them for sale around here?

thx

Is that the one that has you on the bottle??

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Is that the one that has you on the bottle??
    Why yes, now that you mention it. I believe it is a rather handsome likeness, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    fixed that for you .

I checked that out, but their shipping is 3 - 7 bidness days and I need it this weekend. I was hoping to give a Detroit themed gift basket and while I have found many, I wanted to add a couple of glass bottles of my favorite beverage.

Due to the time constraint best go with a couple of flavors of Faygo instead. Either that or drive to L.A. and go to the giant pop shoppe. I also think someone built one along Route 66 but I have no idea where.

I don't suppose you tried the Detroit Shoppe either in the Somerset Collection or [[i think) in the lobby of the Fisher Building? They've got most everything Detroit or homegrown...

I'd like to know where beveragesdirect.com is getting this. They have to buy it from an authorized bottler somewhere. I tried to get this info from Vernors HQ in Plano, TX last year and they were very tight lipped. I'm amazed that our local Vernors bottler does not offer this in Michigan as they would sell a ton. The Faygo glass bottles/real sugar sells as does the Mexican coke/pepsi.

How about the new Faygo flavor for 2013?

Faygo Gold.

Looks like and tastes like a Vernors competition.
    Except that Faygo is actually made in Detroit and Vernors is not.

Due what the diehards do.....pour directly from a can into a vintage Vernors bottle

Perhaps in someones attic. A bit stale by now perhaps......

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Due what the diehards do.....pour directly from a can into a vintage Vernors bottle
    Then it's not made with real sugar, which equals crap.

So these contain the original recipe? From the 1960s, 1970s?? -> http://www.beveragesdirect.com/Verno...s-Bottles.aspx

Stale Vernor's is just plain NASTY! A relative gave me part of an 8 [[or maybe it was 6) pack of the plastic bottles. Said she didn't care for it any more. Well, I brought it home and opened one. Horrible!!!! Looked pale in color and had no flavor. Looked at the date and it was about 4 years old. No more hoarding Vernor's for more than a year, and even then it loses some of it's kick and flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post

Faygo Gold.

Or Towne Club

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Town club has nothing like Faygo Gold. Without having their own network of stores anymore its just not the same animal.

I was a Whistle Stop kid!

I see a lot of bottles along the roadways filled with what appears to be Vernors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    I see a lot of bottles along the roadways filled with what appears to be Vernors.
    It's NOT????

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Perhaps in someones attic. A bit stale by now perhaps......
    8 of those bottles is sitting in my moms basement as we speak, they have been there since '69 or so.

Originally Posted by Ed Golick

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It's NOT????

LOLOLOL!!!!!!LOLOLOL!!!

Have you checked on Woodward, in Midtown?

Quote Originally Posted by marshamusic View Post
    Originally Posted by Ed Golick

LOLOLOL!!!!!!LOLOLOL!!!

Have you checked on Woodward, in Midtown?
    No. I never go there. Its a cesspool! Hey BTW I found this bottle of gatorade outside it tastes like ......

Don't drink the road Vernors.

Hey Ed.....different topic, what ever happened to Milky's Party Time tapes.....[[the shows were taped, at least in 1966, the one I was on).

Those road Vernors are worth @ least a dime. I grabbed a couple 6-packs for BHS own Max Hodge I grabbed out here @ Ralph's so maybe Kroger's sells 'em too? $2.45 each @ Galco's[[right where Mr. Pink fled the cops in 'Reservoir Dogs') http://www.sodapopstop.com/products/detail.cfm?link=34

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post

Faygo Gold.

Where can one score this "Faygo Gold"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast