Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default MTV's "True Life" to start a show in Detroit

http://detroit.jalopnik.com/mtvs-tru...ur-h-474685359
    link to the article above. my head is going to explode, i cant believe there is a market for such a show.

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    http://detroit.jalopnik.com/mtvs-tru...ur-h-474685359
    link to the article above. my head is going to explode, i cant believe there is a market for such a show.
    It's an episode, not a series. They've already had at least one True Life episode filmed in Metro Detroit in the past.
    Last edited by iheartthed; April-17-13 at 02:45 PM.

I thought I noticed that Detroit was saved a month or so ago.

True life has already done a couple of episodes in Detroit and the Metro...not surprising

They filmed it over the past 6 months or so. I know a young woman who goes to Cody High School who was one of the people they followed. She has been working to board up abandoned homes near her school after she was a victim of an assault. She's also organizing a campaign around school discipline policies that are funneling her peers from schools into prisons.

True Life is one of MTV's only good shows. I bet a good handful of people will be surprised once they see it. Or, at least let's hope so.

Hi Socks, she sounds like a very special young lady.

Can't hurt to watch it, hopefully it will be posted online too. True Life has had some pretty serious topics and then again some shitty ones. This should at least give some exposure to positive change in a community.