Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Ribbon Farms of Corktown

I thought some people might be interested to know the history of the farms that used to lie where Corktown now is:

http://corktownhistory.blogspot.com/...rmland-to.html

Near the bottom is a clickable map that takes you to the original subdivision maps of the neighborhood.

Very informative. Thanks.

That is very well done and fascinating. Thanks for sharing, PSewick.

I love reading your Corktown blog Paul. You do such an excellent job of covering the history of one of the city's most historically important areas. Thank you.

Wow! Fascinating! Thanks so much for sharing that!

An amazing piece of research. I love reading things that tell you why existing roads twist the way they do.

And wow! I just read many other articles on the blog for the first time.

I used to know the factory that swallowed a house as the old Cunningham Drug store warehouse. My Dad was a pharmacist for Cunninghams, and I remember going on a tour in there when I was 6 years old. I only heard of the house from my Dad though.
    Last edited by RickBeall; April-17-13 at 12:45 PM.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.