Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Curbed: Urban Bean Co., Capitol Park open

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...nally-open.php

For the first time in nearly five years, Urban Bean Co. is open to the public. You'll find this bright spot of orange in Downtown's soon-to-be-renovated Capitol Park area, right near the David Stott Building. While the idea of a park-side coffee establishment presents the possibility of enjoying coffee in the park itself, Urban Bean's modernist interior is likely to hold you inside. That, and the Dutch Girl donuts. Check out last week's article for details on Urban Bean's return to life and their amusing schedule of weekly events [[High Tea is on Thursdays, for example). Or just head over there now—they're open 7:00a.m. to 9:00p.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. on Saturday.

Is there any movement on the "soon-to-be-renovated Capitol Park area" renovations?

I'll definitely have to check this place out since it's right on my way to work. Has anyone been yet? Or did anyone go in its first stint back in 07/08ish?

Glad to see something go in on Griswold, and I hope it does well. That block/corner could really use something to class it up some. Between this and the Synagogue getting their money, definitely good news. Hopefully the Capitol Park area starts to follow soon.

I am so happy Josh reopened this joint. It was an oasis of cool at two in the morning in that part of town, and was one of my regular stops when I used to bike around downtown...back in the Kwhyme dayz.

Let's hope his new partner is a morning guy...heh.

Looks like a cool space, so I hope they are successful this time around. It is also great that Dutch Girl Donuts can sell to a different market through the shop.