Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default What products do you miss?

Saniflush, NOTHING does a better, or even comparable, job at getting rust stains out of the porcelain throne. evidently there was some sort of health issue involved in its disappearance.

SSPs - still the most fun toy cars ever

Dr. Pepper in the long neck glass bottle when it had sort of a hint of fruit taste or something you couldn't quite put your finger on.

I've always missed the "old" Special K cereal. Back when it was little cusps, not flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 45thParallel View Post
    I've always missed the "old" Special K cereal. Back when it was little cusps, not flakes.
    I wondered if there was something different with that cereal. I used to really like it. Tried it a while back and didn't care much for it.

Twinkies , I hear they may be made again

I can't think of any product I really miss, but of late I find everywhere I go I'm looking for unlocked bathrooms. It never bothered me before but for some reason I'm getting paranoid about it. I'll have to get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I can't think of any product I really miss, but of late I find everywhere I go I'm looking for unlocked bathrooms. It never bothered me before but for some reason I'm getting paranoid about it. I'll have to get a life!
    or one of these:

http://www.dynamic-living.com/produc...photoBox+clear

Standardized round headlight bulbs. Currently $6.88 at Amazon.

They were cheap, available, and they didn't get cloudy after five years. The last vehicle I've owned with round headlights was a Jeep Wrangler. When I ran into a deer, at least I didn't have to pay hundreds of dollars for a headlight assembly.

Bacon, that actually tastes like real bacon. It tastes so good, you know it's bad for you, but you don't care, because it tastes so good. Two or three pieces and you can walk away without craving more. Good taste = satisfaction = you don't have to eat as much. It used to be so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Bacon, that actually tastes like real bacon. It tastes so good, you know it's bad for you, but you don't care, because it tastes so good. Two or three pieces and you can walk away without craving more. Good taste = satisfaction = you don't have to eat as much. It used to be so simple.
    Go to Kroger, get the thick-cut Kroger brand with peppercorns.

Enjoy and thank me later

Total duration 2:12:41:

Classic Commercials for Defunct Products

^^^ I like part 10/10. The Westinghouse electronic magnifier. Classic.

Fizzies. Like alka seltzer tablets in that you dropped them into a glass of water and made your own pop.

orange was best.

what I don't miss are Space Food Sticks.
    Last edited by gnome; April-12-13 at 06:07 AM.

Looking @ these commercials now, I never realized what BS they were peddling when watching them as a kid. I must have reached the cynical part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Fizzies. Like alka seltzer tablets in that you dropped them into a glass of water and made your own pop.

orange was best.

Ah yes... Fizzies... back when products ended in "ies".... such as... Spoolies...

http://www.spoolies.com/

Vernors in glass bottles made with real sugar.

orange was best.

I was just talking about Fizzies the other day. couldn't recall what they were called.

Space Food Sticks were disgusting. I have no idea what flavor they were going for. the texture was like someone blended a tootsie roll with dried play-doh. the taste, too, now that I think of it

THIS JUST IN! FIZZIES ARE BACK!

http://www.fizzies.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Vernors in glass bottles made with real sugar.
    I think they always used Stevia from South America until the great 1984 High Fructose Corn Syrup conspiracy. I was going to say original formula Vernors also. I'd buy it by the keg.

Can you imagine your own home tap?! Heavenly elixir. Right alongside the Michigan craft brews...

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

Thanks for all the Fizzies info.... Fizzies were banned because of Cyclamates were banned at that time. Funny thing is that you can still find Cyclamates in Europe and other countries. Apparently the FDA wasn't really thorough on their investigations... Abbott laboratires could NOT reproduce the results that the FDA did... and petitioned for a reviw... but the FDA has balked ever since.

Europeans look at the FDAs decision on Cyclamates as a flawed test... and sell Cyclamates without concern in diet foods and drinks, after their own tests proved it safe... go figure...

I found a lot of nostalgia at They Always Come Back - Pop Americana Resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

I'm buying a case just to mix with some bong water.

alright Gistok, here's a challenge, fizzies are available at Z's Penny Candy, 17511 Stephens Drive in EastPointe. 586-778-4510 ...

alright Gistok, here's a challenge, fizzies are available at Z's Penny Candy, 17511 Stephens Drive in EastPointe. 586-778-4510 ...
    LOL.. that's at Stephens & Lambrecht... I know where that is... been there...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast