Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Bridge Company is at It again.

I don't know whether to shake my head in amazement or dismay. It does show an extraordinary amount of corporate tenacity, but also is just another costly roadblock on the road to a second bridge.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013040...competing-span

Not surprising. I think pretty much everybody expected Matty to file multiple lawsuits to delay the new bridge as long as he possibly can.

I predict the next outrage will be a move by Matty to add Riverside Park to his roster of dilapidated properties. He has already succeeded in getting it closed; it currently looks like a disaster. It would not surprise me to see Matty make an offer on this "un-used" park. "Un-used" only because of Matty's shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Not surprising. I think pretty much everybody expected Matty to file multiple lawsuits to delay the new bridge as long as he possibly can.

I predict the next outrage will be a move by Matty to add Riverside Park to his roster of dilapidated properties. He has already succeeded in getting it closed; it currently looks like a disaster. It would not surprise me to see Matty make an offer on this "un-used" park. "Un-used" only because of Matty's shenanigans.
    I just wish he'd add a 5th window to MCS.

You can just about hear Matty telling his minions...'I don't care that the case isn't winnable -- just get your butt down there and file it'

"perpetual and exclusive franchise right" to operate the crossing free of competition from another span.......

Sounds like the very reason anti-trust laws were enacted in the first place. But, hell, what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    You can just about hear Matty telling his minions...'I don't care that the case isn't winnable -- just get your butt down there and file it'
    Yes he's thinking longterm. He's 85.

looks like matty is invoking the churches chicken defense. can't have another "franchise" within five miles.

This isn't a surprise when you consider the economics of it. It's inevitable that this span will be built, and Matty knows it. But every month he is able to delay the second span opening is a month of revenue from border traffic he won't have to share. The ambassador bridge brings in tens of million of dollars in revenue every month. It just makes financial sense to spend a few hundred thousand to have his lawyers seek an injunction to keep that revenue stream intact for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    "perpetual and exclusive franchise right" to operate the crossing free of competition from another span.......

Sounds like the very reason anti-trust laws were enacted in the first place. But, hell, what do I know?
    OK, I think Maroun is a greedy fool -- but this isn't private competition. This is public competition. 99% of things, government should stay out. Transportation and trade is appropriate for government. If you invest in those areas, you cannot expect government to stay away.

If this was building a shopping mall, I'd be 100% behind Mr. Maroun fighting government intrusion into private business.

OK, I think Maroun is a greedy fool -- but this isn't private competition. This is public competition. 99% of things, government should stay out. Transportation and trade is appropriate for government. If you invest in those areas, you cannot expect government to stay away.

If this was building a shopping mall, I'd be 100% behind Mr. Maroun fighting government intrusion into private business.
    It's a USA/Canada joint.

I can't wait for the day this complete piece of garbage of a human being dies. Hopefully he'll be buried somewhere accessible so I can take a piss on his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It's a USA/Canada joint.
    I'd prefer a Spike Lee joint

I thought Moroun wanted the people to decide. Now our voices don't matter?

http://thepeopleshoulddecide.com/
    * I'm surprised this website is still around.

Matty will probably continue filing until he's dead, even if he lives beyond the point where the bridge is open to traffic

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Matty will probably continue filing until he's dead, even if he lives beyond the point where the bridge is open to traffic
    Who would his successor[[s) be?

Kim Jong Un?

Kim Jong Un?
    I get the joke, but that's along the lines I was thinking. Is there someone waiting in the wings that will make him look like, well, not a good person but you know.

Doesn't Matty have a son who is is already grooming [[not too unsimilar to Kim John Un)?

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I get the joke, but that's along the lines I was thinking. Is there someone waiting in the wings that will make him look like, well, not a good person but you know.
    His son who, from my perspective, seems to be as big a POS as Manny. People have brought up the prospect that he is just toeing the family line until Manny dies and goes to hell then will change how things operate.

We can hope but I think he is Manny part two.

Kim Jong Un?
    Who would seem reasonable compared to Manny

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    He has kids, [[so I heard), my guess is he'll leave the empire to them. I really don't know who his successor will be, or, if Snyder and Harper ARE successful, just how lucrative the Bridge Company will remain.

It's a USA/Canada joint.
    I'd prefer a Flava Flav joint.

Forbes profile on Matty says he has 1 son. Here's a photo of him from a 2011 interview if anybody's interested.

http://tinyurl.com/bugkkg6
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-09-13 at 03:10 PM.

At the end of the day the Feds still have to cut thier check ,even if the pres says yes the funds may not be advailable.Budget cuts and all.

They have already sidelined one bridge project upstate?

I still say the Feds and the Crown should jointly seize the existing bridge under Eminent Domain and national security and boot Fatty's behind once and for all.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast