Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Midtown Zefs!

Woke up this morning and had coffee on the patio and notice the new signage, I really like it. It's located in the former "Raw Cafe" on Willis and Woodward. Can't wait til it opens, great addition.

I saw that too ! right down the street from the majestic !

Good!! I lived in Trolley Plaza for five years and used to looove Zef's!! And the Raw Cafe people were clueless anyway. Cool!!

Just walked past it this morning.. looks like it's finally open!

Holy heck I was wondering when! Thanks Spartan!

Is this the same as the one downtown near Campus Martius?

I cant wait for Urban Soul to open in Lafayette Park. That if the owner is serious about opening. Good luck to Zefs in its new location

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I cant wait for Urban Soul to open in Lafayette Park. That if the owner is serious about opening. Good luck to Zefs in its new location
    Are you talking about the place near Lafayette Foods? I had always assumed it was a former restaurant that had closed, is it one that is opening later?
    Last edited by Spartan; January-14-14 at 10:58 AM.

It's located on Woodward and Willis st.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Are you talking about the place near Lafayette Foods? I had always assumed it was a former restaurant that had closed, is it one that is opening later?
    That is the one I am referring to. The owner had been working on rhat restaurant for a year. Maybe it takes longer for a restaurant to open than it does a beauty supply store or a nail salon. The owner had opened his website about a month ago. There is a number you could call but you are put on hold with no live person ever answering. I hope that he is a sucess eventhough this is a sign of failure before opening

the lafayette foods area location Urban Soul is being opened and run by the family members who own and run Southern Fires near East Village.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    the lafayette foods area location Urban Soul is being opened and run by the family members who own and run Southern Fires near East Village.
    FYI...

1.) Southern Fires closed after a kitchen fire and will not be reopening.

2.) Southern Fires is/was in Islandview Village.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_c View Post
    FYI...

1.) Southern Fires closed after a kitchen fire and will not be reopening.

2.) Southern Fires is/was in Islandview Village.
    1 block off of Jefferson and East? I think that's a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    1 block off of Jefferson and East? I think that's a stretch.
    Not sure what you mean. FYI - Islandview Village extends from the water to Mack and from Mt. Elliott to Baldwin. Then comes West Village to Parker, Indian Village, and then finally, East Village which extends to Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_c View Post
    Not sure what you mean. FYI - Islandview Village extends from the water to Mack and from Mt. Elliott to Baldwin. Then comes West Village to Parker, Indian Village, and then finally, East Village which extends to Cadillac.
    The last time I looked up the "Islandview" area, [[I had never heard of it before), I thought the map located it further West, like around Jefferson & the Blvd., but further North, like from Kercheval to Warren. I didn't think it dropped down all the way to Jefferson, and as far East as IV. Are you sure the area you're describing isn't "Midtown"?

You can believe me. I live here. Mt. Elliott to Baldwin, Mack to the water.

I am amazed how a thread about Zef's by Wayne State can cause more postings about the East Side than anything relevant to the opening!