Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Trailer for the new DFD documentary Burn.

All I can say I have tremendous respect for these lads who throw their lives on the line for your safety. I hope to be able to see this documentary on this side of the Atlantic soon.

Like via Jalopnik.

Going to be in London May 1.
    Manchester May 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Going to be in London May 1.
    Manchester May 2.
    It's @ the Cass City Cinema this weekend.

I saw it last weekend in Windsor and it leaves you with both mad respect for the people trying to deliver services like fire/police/emt and great sadness for what they have to deliver them. A real eye opener especially the condition of the equipement and the danger involved.

Quote Originally Posted by wstevens View Post
    I saw it last weekend in Windsor and it leaves you with both mad respect for the people trying to deliver services like fire/police/emt and great sadness for what they have to deliver them. A real eye opener especially the condition of the equipement and the danger involved.
    Except for the guy that left the $700,000 rig parked on the railroad tracks with predictable results.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Except for the guy that left the $700,000 rig parked on the railroad tracks with predictable results.
    in all fairness he prolly fell asleep at the wheel from being overworked, lol

yeah, DFD burns thru a lot of equipment due to user error, but you know what--that comes with the territory. i know from experience that when youre forced to do more with less, things get wore out. both you, and your equipment. and you make more mistakes. its the nature of the beast unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by WaCoTS View Post
    in all fairness he prolly fell asleep at the wheel from being overworked, lol

yeah, DFD burns thru a lot of equipment due to user error, but you know what--that comes with the territory. i know from experience that when youre forced to do more with less, things get wore out. both you, and your equipment. and you make more mistakes. its the nature of the beast unfortunately.
    True, but in the movie they said the rig, which was totalled, will not be replaced. So that was a costly error.

sure was.

hopefully theyll be able to scavenge usable parts off it to fix other rigs until we get some real money around here to buy our FD apparatus to actually do their job. such as working buckets for tower trucks....