Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Need old 50's to 70's photos of Grand River-Greenfield area

I'm trying to collect photos of the Grand River Greenfield area from when it was at it's peak in the 50's and '70's. Whole sections of that area are quite different now. Many of the stores are long gone too. Some buildings remain but it sure looks different. I'd like to document the area.

Got to be some old photos in family albums. I have a nice gift card for first offer.

Name:  Grand River & Longacre.jpg
Views: 3940
Size:  31.1 KB a little further out, Grand River and Longacre.

Here's one from 1980. I have some from the 40's around Livernois, Lothrop, and Lasher.
    Name:  Grand River & Greenfield 1980.jpg
Views: 5363
Size:  27.7 KB

Need photo of that specific area from that time period. Thanks anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawlspace View Post
    Here's one from 1980. I have some from the 40's around Livernois, Lothrop, and Lasher.
    Name:  Grand River & Greenfield 1980.jpg
Views: 5363
Size:  27.7 KB

Yo Daddeeo!

I used to live on the corner of Whitcomb and Lyndon so I spent a bunch of time just hangin out in front of Wards or in Cunningham's. I don't have any photos for you, but I would be interested in seeing the ones you've got. I was in the Class of '62 as SMR but moved and graduated somewhere else. What years were you at MOS?
    Bob

Name:  Grand River-Greenfield.jpg
Views: 3060
Size:  31.5 KB

How's this?

That was a photo my sister took. I have the original photo along with one of Hughes Hatcher Suffrin plus one of the Wards bldg. Don't have any of the Cunningham's [[NW) corner from back in the day.
    Cunningham's Drug Store was built in 1959.

Still canvassing for old photos of the Grand River- Greenfield neighborhood.
    Trying to get an photos of Wrigleys and American Legion buildings on Greenfield.
    Have any to share?

I have found a few sketches of the area. Still looking for photos.Name:  Suffrin 1952.jpg
Views: 2217
Size:  42.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Still canvassing for old photos of the Grand River- Greenfield neighborhood.
    Trying to get an photos of Wrigleys and American Legion buildings on Greenfield.
    Have any to share?

Name:  Barnes and Noble .jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  58.8 KBWe have over 120 photos [[many in color) in Detroit's Grand River and Greenfield Neighborhood book by Arcadia Publishing that is due out on Oct. 22, 2018.
    You can pre-order the book form Barnes and Noble.com right now and get a discount.