Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Protesters block southbound I-75 lanes in Detroit

The freeway slow downs continue in protest to EFM Orr

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/P...z/-/index.html

although I can't open your link, i'm assuming it was from yesterday when people were trying to get to the game. eventually, all that's going to do is cause road rage.

Stupid. Self-defeating. Toothless curs.

The comments section on this clickondetroit is really sweet. Most of them claim to hate Detroit, and yet they click on it. Maybe they should name it hitondetroit or shitondetroit.

These idiots keep on doing this and someone is going to get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    The comments section on this clickondetroit is really sweet. Most of them claim to hate Detroit, and yet they click on it. Maybe they should name it hitondetroit or shitondetroit.
    They don't have much of a choice.

By law [[and for national recognition), the news sources here must have Detroit's name on it.

If it were up to them, it would "clickonsemichigan.com."

Wait until they get their licenses suspended... then these folks will really be howling....

This is just beating a dead horse. Don't they have better things to do?

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    This is just beating a dead horse. Don't they have better things to do?
    Its actually a dead horse beating a dead horse. And I think the flies are gathering.

Did anyone else hear that these morons were also fined 2 grand? Or is that if they do it again? Jesse and Al left town already. Grow up !

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    Did anyone else hear that these morons were also fined 2 grand? Or is that if they do it again? Jesse and Al left town already. Grow up !
    Yes, but these people are carrying on their work...... Fighting the good fight.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-06-13 at 11:04 AM.

How do freeway slowdowns in any way negatively impact the people in charge? The people who made the EMF decision are in Lansing, not Detroit.

All this "protest" accomplishes is making working-class people [[city and suburbs alike) late to work. It will not endear these protesters or their movement to the average person living in this region.

Take your protest to Lansing where it belongs, idiots.

I don't agree with the protesters. They need to stop this non sense before they cause an accident. To me it is not a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    How do freeway slowdowns in any way negatively impact the people in charge? The people who made the EMF decision are in Lansing, not Detroit.

All this "protest" accomplishes is making working-class people [[city and suburbs alike) late to work. It will not endear these protesters or their movement to the average person living in this region.

Take your protest to Lansing where it belongs, idiots.
    The issue is a Detroit issue. Taking action in Detroit is fine. And as protesters you should expect to be jailed/fined for your protest. Nothing wrong with that.

The problem with this freeway blockade idea is that it is faceless. Your message doesn't get out.

What is stupid is protesting against a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Those people who made the EMF decision ARE in Detroit. If the City Fathers had run the City government the way it was supposed to be run, NONE of this would have ever happened.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-06-13 at 01:01 PM.

Stop the oppression. Fight for the EFM now!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Stop the oppression. Fight for the EFM now!
    I want everyone that supports the EFM, to get on the freeways this afternoon, and drive @ 80 mph!

Someone is going to get killed. Either via car accident, or by road rage.

They're really trying to anger people who have jobs and pay taxes to Detroit. They're really sticking it to all the people that come downtown and spend money.

I don't understand what they're trying to accomplish. It's kind of like terrorism, but this is just economic terrorism. The actions of just a few people can affect the lives of thousands. They get a kick out of that I guess.

Guess what protesters, your city is broke. Your elected leaders have ignored the reality in favor of pandering to voters to keep themselves in office. Pissing off money that's trying to flow INTO YOUR CITY accomplishes nothing.

Get a life, or more productively perhaps, GET A JOB!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I want everyone that supports the EFM, to get on the freeways this afternoon, and drive @ 80 mph!
    For EFM, moving forward!

Against EFM, stopped and going nowhere!

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Someone is going to get killed. Either via car accident, or by road rage.

They're really trying to anger people who have jobs and pay taxes to Detroit. They're really sticking it to all the people that come downtown and spend money.

I don't understand what they're trying to accomplish. It's kind of like terrorism, but this is just economic terrorism. The actions of just a few people can affect the lives of thousands. They get a kick out of that I guess.

Guess what protesters, your city is broke. Your elected leaders have ignored the reality in favor of pandering to voters to keep themselves in office. Pissing off money that's trying to flow INTO YOUR CITY accomplishes nothing.

Get a life, or more productively perhaps, GET A JOB!
    I agree and would blame the MSP for this. They let this go a couple of times with a wrist slap, making with the nice-nice and all, and I can understand that, but @ some point they need to put an end to this. Arrest, confiscate, impound, fines, and media. The next group might think twice before obstructing traffic, during rush hour, on a public thoroughfare.

I'm holding a sit-down strike. In front of my television. Send reporters.

The purpose of slow down protest, from what I gathered after meeting some of the folks staging these protests, is to affect commerce [[ie: semi trucks and delivery vans) in order to send a message to the corporations and their foundations who stand to profit from the installment of the EFM in Detroit. Every minute that those trucks are held up is costing, and every slow down adds up financially and politically.

The fact that they are holding up joe lunchbox on his way home from work is secondary, which is why they aren't concerned about pissing all of Metro Detroit off. The theory is, if you all get angry enough to consistently bitch about it [[like you guys are doing here now) to your bosses and the media, then the pressure builds from the bottom up, helping to force the hand of your employers [[the corporations). The protesters aren't worried about the small business community of Detroit, those folks know how to travel on the side streets during rush hour.

Make no mistake, these actions aren't just some stupid throwback from a bygone era. They are strategically planned and executed, targeting and disrupting specific supply chains. Other protest actions happening off of the freeway that help to garner the same effect haven't been reported by the media. The protesters are also very aware of the fact that they could be harmed, jailed, etc. They have lawyers on stand-by and a war chest to pay for their fines.

This is just the beginning. Personally, I'm staying off of the freeways in Detroit for awhile.

I agree and would blame the MSP for this. They let this go a couple of times with a wrist slap, making with the nice-nice and all, and I can understand that, but @ some point they need to put an end to this. Arrest, confiscate, impound, fines, and media. The next group might think twice before obstructing traffic, during rush hour, on a public thoroughfare.
    Why does MSP tread lightly? They don't want to appear to be taking-over Detroit.

The protesters choose the freeways for a reason. MSP. If you gonna be arrested, make Lansing do it. They're not stupid. Or I should say the union leaders that are orchestrating this aren't stupid. Proof? They created that brilliant spin that democracy is being suspended. That's brilliant spin. Gotta give them credit.

Until the silent majority of Detroiters rise up and let the public know they are sick and tired of the same old corruption, oppression, and racism -- you can expect our officials to tread lightly. Thank G-d that Snyder has the balls to take on Detroit against the wishes of his own party. Leadership. Meanwhile, In other news, democrats pander and tell the public that its someone else's fault. Not leadership.

In other words, pretty much every person that normally uses the freeway will be driving 80mph today.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    The purpose of slow down protest, from what I gathered after meeting some of the folks staging these protests, is to affect commerce [[ie: semi trucks and delivery vans) in order to send a message to the corporations and their foundations who stand to profit from the installment of the EFM in Detroit. Every minute that those trucks are held up is costing, and every slow down adds up financially and politically.
    Man, there's some irony. How about we slow down the commercial activity that puts tax dollars in the coffers to help get the city back on its feet? How about we limit the amenities that are drawing young people back into the city? And how about we do it in a way that only ratchets up suburbanites' anger and frustration toward Detroit's citizen base?

It's obvious that the leaders of these protests don't understand that Detroit's critics blame THEM for the city's woes. They don't point the finger directly at Kwame; rather, they place a high degree of responsibility upon Detroit's citizens for voting Kwame in from the start.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast