Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dan Gilbert's floating people mover

Um..... yea. Gilbert was a huge fan of the Jetsons.

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...next_big_thing
    Last edited by subsidized; April-04-13 at 09:56 AM. Reason: To please iheartthed

You should read the entire article.

Danny will soon be de facto Mayor of this City, if he isn't already.

I kind of started reading it and said to myself... wait a minute... if this is a working technology... then why hasn't it been discussed publicly yet?

Even the Segway PT 2 wheeler has been much mentioned in media... so any electromagnetic "hovercraft"... would have been "media'ed" to death by now...

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    You should read the entire article.
    Lighten up. Of course it's a joke, but I figured if a post about mythical rivers of piss in Midtown could get 180 posts, a post about floating gondolas could get a little conversation started.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidized View Post
    Lighten up. Of course it's a joke, but I figured if a post about mythical rivers of piss in Midtown could get 180 posts, a post about floating gondolas could get a little conversation started.
    You asked if it was real.

OMG not this stuff again!

The rivers are REAL!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    You asked if it was real.
    I fixed it.

Um..... yea. Gilbert was a huge fan of the Jetsons.

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...next_big_thing
    They had me at "Gilbird".

Dammit this bad joke nearly made me crap myself.... An I am not in a Midtown Alley!

Stupid and not funny. It wouldn't have been funny apr 1. It's not funny on a random Thursday either.

I have seen the river of piss, and I left unimpressed. I once saw a "cat scrap freezer" in the eastern market. It was at one time full to the brim with dead kitties and left to melt and then later implode black oily liquid and bone fragments everywhere. It reeked of death for blocks. Hands down the nastiest thing I have ever seen in Detroit.