Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dwsd issues boil water advisory

Read All About It....

DETROIT WATER AND SEWERAGE DEPARTMENT [[DWSD) ISSUES BOIL WATER ADVISORY FOR RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES IN THE AREA DEFINED BY SOUTH OF MCNICHOLS TO THE DETROIT RIVER AND LINWOOD EAST TO CONNER

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.04.01 PM.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  35.5 KB

http://www.detroitmi.gov/How-Do-I/Fi...WATER-ADVISORY

Just got notice of this here. It looks like there are no specific contamination issues though. Just concern that the potential for a contamination problem exists due to some sort of malfunction at Waterworks Park.

Well, I'm in that area and have already drank more than 64oz. of tap water, we'll see if anything interesting happens.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Just got notice of this here. It looks like there are no specific contamination issues though. Just concern that the potential for a contamination problem exists due to some sort of malfunction at Waterworks Park.
    Something happened that caused a decrease in pressure. Under normal conditions, water pipes are always pressurized. If there are cracks and leaks, the water will flow out of the pipe into the surrounding area. However, if the pressure is low, it's possible for things to flow INTO the pipe through those same cracks. This is where the concern for contamination comes whenever there are low water pressure situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
    Well, I'm in that area and have already drank more than 64oz. of tap water, we'll see if anything interesting happens.

PLEASE keep us posted if there are any hallucinogenic side effects....

Wow, well we usually here of such things elsewhere. Eventually water issues of this kind would hit the D, inside the city. I wonder what we are not being told?

Has anyone actually gotten sick during a boil water advisory? I've never heard of anyone coming down with something during one of these. Sometimes an "abundance of caution" is overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Wow, well we usually here of such things elsewhere. Eventually water issues of this kind would hit the D, inside the city. I wonder what we are not being told?
    This issue is rather routine and happens in many places throughout the metro Detroit area. Low water pressure [[whatever caused the issue) means that untreated "stuff" could have got into the system.

I hear that. Better safe than sorry. I am drinking bottled. Many DPS and other schools in the areas are closed today as a caution!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMichigan View Post
    Has anyone actually gotten sick during a boil water advisory? I've never heard of anyone coming down with something during one of these. Sometimes an "abundance of caution" is overkill.
    Still, I'd rather be told than not.

Once in Phoenix the tap water had a strong smell of hydrogen sulfide [[sewer gas). The next day it had an even stronger odor of chlorine. No boil water advisory, never a mention about it in the news.

Advisory Update:

Public Affairs Manager Bryan P. from DWSD:

If you are in the defined area, your pets should be given
    boiled water [[boil for one minute, then cool to room
    temperature) or bottled water.

Anything yet?

There's alot of talk about re. the new 'chemists' and workers at the DWSD by way of GLWA are from this mega-contractor Veolia that also controls Milwaukee's treatment plants, etc:

veolianorthamerica.com/en

It's being argued that Veolia's staff do not have the same level of chemical engineering educational backgrounds as former staff DWSD. Hmmm?
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-03-17 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Anything yet?
    Nope. It isn't responsible and I'm not suggesting anyone do it, but I've been drinking tap the whole time. No issues.

We were told that the advisory should be lifted by noon today.

There's alot of talk about re. the new 'chemists' and workers at the DWSD by way of GLWA are from this mega-contractor Veolia that also controls Milwaukee's treatment plants, etc:

veolianorthamerica.com/en

It's being argued that Veolia's staff do not have the same level of chemical engineering educational backgrounds as former staff DWSD. Hmmm?
    See, we knew the whole thing was going to go to hell when we let those lazy, corrupt suburbanites run it.

^^^ Hah, that's funny! All I know is that if I lived in the Pointe's I'd be testing my water! In the meantime where is the mayor on this. Pretty silent hunh?

Nope. It isn't responsible and I'm not suggesting anyone do it, but I've been drinking tap the whole time. No issues.
    I have too and no issues. I did give my pet bottled water, though.

^^^ Hah, that's funny! All I know is that if I lived in the Pointe's I'd be testing my water! In the meantime where is the mayor on this. Pretty silent hunh?

He's busy hauling clean dirt into Detroit from the 'burbs.....