Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Tiger Stadium, Going Going Going, Just about

Aerial images taken on July 4th, 2009

FlyByDon

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByDon View Post
    Aerial images taken on July 4th, 2009

FlyByDon

Don, I don't see images from July 4--the most recent I see are from June 22. Or am I blind?

I see them. You have to click the demo image and you get a page of pix. The July 4 ones are all the way down.

Great pix of a very sad event. The abandoned playing field looks so forlorn. I guess it's like a lot of places around here, full of ghosts of times past.

Yes, although the photos under the July 4 heading are labelled June 22 [[in the Alt text), they are definitely from yesterday, July 4. I dropped by around 11am and walked the perimeter of the Stadium again, taking photos from ground level. You can't even tell that there is a defined infield from that perspective, so it is great to see it from the air.

Thanks, Don, for the photos!!

Thanks for bringing the error to my attention.
    Guess it's true, a man will never multitask as well as a woman.

FlyByDon
    Last edited by FlyByDon; July-05-09 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByDon View Post
    Guess it's true, a man will never multitask as well as a woman.

FlyByDon
    Hmmpff. Benedict Arnold.

That said, great pix as always. Thanks a bunch, Don.

FlyByDon:

Great photos. This was my first visit to your site. I am impressed! The Great Lakes sure give many opportunities for beautiful photographs, don't they?
    A bittersweet documentation of the demise of Tiger Stadium!
    Again, great photos...

Thanks, again, Don, for these latest pictures.

I wonder about the dugouts....is digging out the dugouts/basements/foundations and filling them part of the demolition plan? What happens to the sewer and electrical pipes and stuff?

Thanks for the pictures FlybyDon. Took a look at your other work too. Fantastic stuff!