Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2 DPD Officers shot

Since no one posted a thing about this tragic event, here it is.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Pray for their recovery.

Wow, almost 12 hours and not one additional comment about the two officers shot yesterday. Thought this website was about Detroit and it can't get any more important than two of Detroits finest being shot by some thug. Shame, shame!

At least Detroit One Police Force is working perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Since no one posted a thing about this tragic event, here it is.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Pray for their recovery.
    My condolences to the two shot officers and their families. I wish both of them a speedy and healthy full recovery. I'm glad they killed the bastard that did this.

I thought the same thing, what can be learned from this about apprehending violent criminals? They are the ones who really need to be brought to justice, but at what cost?

People bad mouth the police but look at the crap they have to face day in and day out in Detroit. Its like a violent criminal playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    My condolences to the two shot officers and their families. I wish both of them a speedy and healthy full recovery. I'm glad they killed the bastard that did this.

I second that , but I must say I am a bit disappointed in Mr. Bing offering no comment ,is it that difficult to pay some respect to those risking thier life to help protect?

Sometimes a small bit of gratitude goes a long way.

I thought about starting a thread yesterday about it but instead I said a prayer for the wounded officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I second that , but I must say I am a bit disappointed in Mr. Bing offering no comment ,is it that difficult to pay some respect to those risking thier life to help protect?

Sometimes a small bit of gratitude goes a long way.
    Maybe he didn't do it publicly.

Happened within a mile or so of Woodbridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe he didn't do it publicly.

To me he should have , loud and clear , the message needs to be sent this will not be tolerated .

Sorry ,not meaning to distract from the original thoughts.

It does seem strange that Bing attended the press conference but, not only didn't take the podium, refused any comment to the press. Does he think with an EFM in place he can't speak out at all? He doesn't have to say any specific action will be taken but he certainly can state his prayers & support for the hard-working officers.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I thought the same thing, what can be learned from this about apprehending violent criminals? They are the ones who really need to be brought to justice, but at what cost?
    what does this mean?
    Last edited by Vic01; April-03-13 at 11:39 PM.

Wow, almost 12 hours and not one additional comment about the two officers shot yesterday. Thought this website was about Detroit and it can't get any more important than two of Detroits finest being shot by some thug. Shame, shame!
    All posters care about are pee jokes and superficial stuff that happens downtown. This happened in a neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It does seem strange that Bing attended the press conference but, not only didn't take the podium, refused any comment to the press. Does he think with an EFM in place he can't speak out at all? He doesn't have to say any specific action will be taken but he certainly can state his prayers & support for the hard-working officers.
    Now I'm no fan of Bing but I won't hammer him on this. The fact he was there standing with his interim police chief spoke volumes as to how he felt for the officers. He didn't want to make it seem like this was a political opportunity and I commend him for that

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Now I'm no fan of Bing but I won't hammer him on this. The fact he was there standing with his interim police chief spoke volumes as to how he felt for the officers. He didn't want to make it seem like this was a political opportunity and I commend him for that
    Seconded. It's pretty classy for a politician to show up at an event like that to show his support, but not run his mouth. He'd have nothing to add, it's the chief's job to handle things like this.

Thoughts to the officers.

I guess most of us aren't as tacky as you.

It happens. Police mean to deprive some people of life liberty and pursuit of happiness. Some of em dont go without a fight. You may not agree with me but its self defense in a sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    It happens. Police mean to deprive some people of life liberty and pursuit of happiness. Some of em dont go without a fight. You may not agree with me but its self defense in a sense.
    Certainly DO NOT agree with you Rex, in your world we would have every armed suspected bad guy who is chased by the Police shooting his way to freedom under the guise of self defense....Dude you need to seriously quit smokin that shit. God bless any cop who has to look down the barrel of a gun and then take a round while defending the community from human waste such as this POS. Not to mention this Perp lost his "life and liberty" card the day he chose a life of crime.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013040...ught-in-murder

The individual had an extensive criminal history including auto theft and armed robbery. But hey, it's just the pursuit of happiness according to you, since you weren't on the receiving end of getting your car jacked or held up. Since we live in what is called a society, his rights ended where the rights of others began. While I am not a cop, I am in law enforcement, and hope your ass never needs saving, you two-bit Che Guevera wannabe.
    Thanks for saying what I was thinking, poobert

Good God, man. Why didn't you just say "FUCK THE POLICE" and make your point more succinct instead of couching it in "self-defense" platitudes?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I guess most of us aren't as tacky as you.
    Huh? Explain please.

You are right, they want to continue violating the rights of others, and society sends in the cops to deprive them of their liberty. You never said the police were wrong in going after the criminals.

I find it sad that the cops out doing what they are supposed to do get hurt, not the revenue agents sitting around in speed traps. The revenue agents claim to be like the ones who were hurt, out to serve the public, the reality is they are out to fleece the public, just like the criminals.

I wonder what type of gun was used to be able to get so many shots off

it can't get any more important than two of Detroits finest
    Finest what?

DETROIT [[WWJ) - Detroit police are not commenting on reports that an officer injured in a shootout this week may have been struck by friendly fire.
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/04/...friendly-fire/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast