Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Detroit Pizza, the most worthless piece of s**t now being dumped on the rest of the country. Just reinforces the American Public is completely clueless. Every time I chat with friends from other parts of the country I apologize that the worst product this city has to offer is being forced on them.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Detroit Pizza, the most worthless piece of s**t now being dumped on the rest of the country. Just reinforces the American Public is completely clueless. Every time I chat with friends from other parts of the country I apologize that the worst product this city has to offer is being forced on them.
    Obviously someone lacking tastebuds

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    No, someone has taste and you don't!
    Last edited by p69rrh51; November-20-18 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

Mr Gravel is in a bad mood. French Canucky side to him, rood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Living in Hamtramck back in the day Buddies pizza after a softball game or a date was the place to go. Packed together at small tables waiting for your pizza while drinking pitchers of beer was a great way to spend money and time with friends. Then a few doors away was the Turtle Soup In another place that we would haunt just for their Baby Back Ribs alone. Shields Bar was one of our Softball teams sponsors, there we would show our appreciation by trying to drink the place dry.
    Shields on Maple near Crooks Road was very recently completely redone inside and out and just reopened a couple of weeks ago. I think I was always partial to Buddy’s but that Shields has good food too.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Have you tried Loui's of Hazel Park, Deqindre Road. It is a throw-back restaurant that place produces high-quality pizza with fresh ingredients and generous toppings.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Have you tried Loui's of Hazel Park, Deqindre Road. It is a throw-back restaurant that place produces high-quality pizza with fresh ingredients and generous toppings.
    Yep. Loui’s is the best Detroit-Style pizza because it was Loui who “invented” it while working at Buddy’s.

What Loui’s gets right is the crust. It is cooked. It is not a mass of doughy slime. Almost every other pizza joint who purports to be a “Detroit-style” the crust is over cooked on the bottom, then a layer of doughy slime mixed with a bland substance followed by plastic cheese and the finest vegetables to come out of a can.

Loui’s pizza is done right. Cooked crust, sauce that has favor, fresh cheese and ingredients.

Per usual, Masterblaster speaks the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Or Jets... [[200 locations.)
    Jet's is NOT Detroit style.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Jet's is NOT Detroit style.
    I think that THEY think they are. But the sauce isn’t on the top - it’s confusing.

Name:  20191010_092345.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  45.4 KB

Was pumping gas in Watertown, New York, when I looked up and saw this advertisement.

Detroit style pizza has gone international.
    it can now be found in Newcastle Australia.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...-in-newcastle/
    Last edited by Uncledave54; January-05-20 at 03:59 PM.

Club 500 was my joint.
    Sauce was not on top.
    I don't recall hearing "Detroit-Style Pizza" until well into this millennium.
    Maybe we took it for granted.
    I hoped he wasn't referring to Domino's or Little Caesar's: what most Detroiters most often eat.
    I don't recall hearing "New York Style Pizza" until later.
    Then, too: common NY pizza is crap.
    My disinterested opinion:
    Pizza done right is a treat; in Italy it's an appetizer.
    Foodie debates are imaginary proving grounds of the mp3 generation.
    Pizza is overrated almost like all-you-can-eat sushi.
    Last edited by bust; January-09-20 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Name:  20191010_092345.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  45.4 KB

Was pumping gas in Watertown, New York, when I looked up and saw this advertisement.
    Saw the EXACT same sign twice over Christmas Break. At gas stations in North Platte, Nebraska and La Salle, Illinois.

Anybody traveling America's interstates who can find a FasTrac can get some Detroit-style pizza!
    Last edited by MrNittany; January-10-20 at 07:11 PM.

As a lifelong resident of Detroit city limits [[not the metro area outskirts), our style pizza known to me was always Buddy's/Shield's or $1 slices at the corner store. Red Devil on Fenkell, and Jerry's on Livernois were great too but traditional style. I've never heard of Cloverleaf or Loui's. Supino is NYC and PizzaPapalis & Giordano's [[which barley lasted a year) is Chicago style.
    Last edited by Sehv313; January-12-20 at 06:13 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6