Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Sweet Potato Sensations and Whole Foods

I wish SPS luck with this endeavor. That would be a huge boost to their business. They've got some pretty good sweets in that place. I'll probably stop by after some Blight Busters work this Saturday to support the cause.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...xt|FRONTPAGE|p

I personally know both of the sisters , they are great ! I wish them all the best !

The SPS story is one of those inspiring bootstrapping stories that needs to be replicated a million times over.

They started with old family recipes in their kitchen, sold them in the neighborhood and outside churches on Sunday mornings; then they moved into a tiny storefront kitchen space next to the Redford Theater, outgrew that space, then renovated an empty store front across the street.

detroit is always chasing the BIG dream, the next HuGE deal that will save the city. Think Cobo Hall, think RenCen, think a thousand failed awnings and facade removals, think the freeways that were suppose to bring people in, but did the reverse.

the next BiG thing needs to be a hundred small things. A hundred shoe repair and crepe joints, and watch fixing and fill-in-the-blank places.

Whatever stands in the way of opening shops: onerous inspections, high taxes, fees that make people shrink away, ... Have to be removed.

Need to be Dream Builders, one tiny sweet potato at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    I personally know both of the sisters , they are great ! I wish them all the best !
    I as well; fantastic ladies with incredible spirit. I wish all the best for them!

Indeed this is great news. I'm getting hungry : )

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post