Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've always wondered why a group of birds will see an injured bird and peck it to death

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post

But in doing that, I can't help but notice that people are coming to this site, and this thread in droves to promote their own sites or sites they like. You get that. I guess Johnny 5 was on a different thread promoting his site. I guess if you want attention, seek out the best, and suck off it. I see this on a daily basis in my own world and I don't have anything anywhere near as popular as DYes. I guess it's a dog eat dog world.

Just for the record it wasn't me [[Perhaps another "Johnny5" )I don't have a site to promote.

I guess it's a dog eat dog world.
    Yes, It's Ruff!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
    I don't live in Detroit or even Michigan for that matter, should I leave too? Since I live in Chicago I guess I'm not right being here according to this guy here.
    He mentioned people that live here or care about the city. I'm pretty sure I started posting here when I was still living in Chicago.

I get where he's coming from. Commentary about the negative aspects is necessary for a realistic conversation [[and that's what I'm seeking), but negative trolling is counterproductive to what this forum seems to be directed towards. The trolls here may be tame compared to Free Press/Det News, but those are not sites named DetroitYes.

If there were several Detroit-oriented message boards, I bet he'd be less upset.
    Last edited by TexasT; March-28-13 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitrmc View Post
    It's been fun visiting again. I've been a member for 3 days again but I'm going to say goodbye and find some other place that has constructive conversations, maybe if there is someone that agrees with me they can start a new website where people like
    Bham1982. Who lives in Ypsilanti. Detroit nerd - wont disclose where he's from [[my guess is not detroit). Rolfsy who lives in Ferndale [[wants to be a detroiter but can't quite make the commitment).
    Iheartted. You are from New York [[piss off)
    And wow. Shollin. Why are you on this site. I am betting you are an angry white overweight white male. Single. Get a life.

I've been here for quite some time and I can't say that I remember your posts from way back when. That being said, if your above comments are any indication of what you posted here before I won't miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    He's going to "abandon" this site.
    No, the site "abandoned" him.

While the constant negativity of certain posters is annoying, at least you know their attitudes are probably a reflection of some bad history and you try to ignore it. The boosters who think everything in the city will be just peachy in 5-10 yrs. every time there is a positive development are the one who really irritate me.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    No, the site "abandoned" him.
    Either way he/she/it's gone...BYE

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    I've always wondered why a group of birds will see an injured bird and peck it to death
    Some birds think that by doing that the injured bird will stop feeling sorry for itself and learn to be self reliant and pull itself up by its bootstraps. Apparently some birds just never learn and end up pecked to death. It's truly the injured bird's fault. If the bird had any self respect it would have never gotten injured in the first place.

Welcome to the internet. It's never what any one person thinks it should be. It would be nice if there were less BS and more 'constructive' info [[I'm not specifically talking about this site, just any net forum in general). But that's rarely the reality. I belong to one site where for the most part it's 'constructive' sharing, but that's it. If you want to belong to an open forum you have to deal with the good and the bad.

I like how this thread was moved to "connections" page. Heh, good one!

Quote Originally Posted by ggores View Post
    I like how this thread was moved to "connections" page. Heh, good one!
    At the top of this very forum...
    Detroit Connections:
    For relaxed discussions among DetroitYES forum members ... and discussions about the forum.
    The thread is not about metro Detroit/Windsor - the requirement for appearing on the Discuss Detroit forum. It is about the forum and the OP's discontent about it. So it belongs here where it should have been started.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitrmc View Post
    I joined this site back in its humble beginings. Just the name "yes". Attracted me to it. I was new to the city and had started a business. It was great to here of other people trying to make a go of it in this city.

As time dragged on and times got tough I had to leave the site as it become a site for naysayers rather than do-ers.

I happened to hop on the site a couple days ago and clicked on the first thread that caught my attention a woman from Canada considering moving to Detroit. I was so distraught at the answers that were being thrown out there that I tried to login with my old name to respond but it was so long ago that I had to sign back up. The negativity just blew me away. Comments from people who obviously don't live here and get all their news from the tv and Fox News.

I just can't understand why some of the regular people who post here waste so much of their time talking trash about Detroit. Do they have nothing better to do. Are they confined to a bomb shelter waiting to for the en of the world like those crazy realty shows.

It's been fun visiting again. I've been a member for 3 days again but I'm going to say goodbye and find some other place that has constructive conversations, maybe if there is someone that agrees with me they can start a new website where people like
    Bham1982. Who lives in Ypsilanti. Detroit nerd - wont disclose where he's from [[my guess is not detroit). Rolfsy who lives in Ferndale [[wants to be a detroiter but can't quite make the commitment).
    Iheartted. You are from New York [[piss off)
    And wow. Shollin. Why are you on this site. I am betting you are an angry white overweight white male. Single. Get a life.

Jt1. Too funny.

It's been fun for a few days.

Detroit is a great place. Been here over 10 years and I love it. Over 100 employees and I know of nowhere else where one person can make such a difference. I am looking forward to seeing the continued revival of the great city.
    I hope you find a more positive aura on the other site that you are leaving this one for. Keep in mind. Many good ideas for the city had came from this site. I would not be surprise that elected oficials as well as city planners and developers had gotten some ideas from the bloggers on this site. You are going to have naysayers wherever you go. Constructive criticism is another thing. There had been bloggers whom had went overboard. All in all it is a good site especially getting the latest breaking news from

Hey, wait a minute, I want to stick up for overweight, single, white males, since that's me! Not so angry though, just frustrated, and even this city's hardiest supporters have to agree that this place can do that to you. Also, I'm a fifth generation native Detroiter, who is loath to cast aspersions on anyone who lives here or takes a sympathetic non-hateful interest in our sometimes difficult to love town. Let all flowers bloom.

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    People are people – let it slide! The negative comments posed by DY members are tame compared to the idiots that post on the Detroit News and Freep.

LOL.. true that. and clickondetroit and youtube. don't put it out there if you can't take some kind of opposing view, stupid or not.

Aw come on, give it a couple more days. It's probably just a lunar cycle or something. Maybe some people got some bad clams and their digestive tract is trying to make a comeback.
    Sorry, but the person is right. The people mentioned are shit stains who think they are always right and know how to fix everything. Yet none of them take the steps to move to Detroit or dare I say [[I am speculating here) to the inner city.

If they are so damn smart then why not put their resume forward and get hired to fix the city? I think they like to hear their own bloated ego's spew forth and then re-read their posts while getting themselves off.

BTW: I think it is healthy to look at the problems of Detroit or any city for that matter. How in the heck do you fix it if you don't know what is wrong or why it got that way. That being said, a constantly negative prick is just as bad a pussy polly-anna.

People, come, people go and others just ignore the self-righteous.

Who cares what the OP thinks or does? It's his biz. I left the D 40 years ago but still have fond memories of it and am always happy to hear about something positive going on there.
    I follow FB pages that post pics and stories of the old days and would love to see a resurection and restoration and renewal of the city.
    But if someone can't stand the differences of opinion that are bound to show up on a forum, then they should prolly just move along.
    Just my $0.02
    Love and best wishes to all who choose to exchange ideas here - no matter what those ideas may be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2