Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Trailer for new AMC Drama "Low Winters Sun" [[Cop series based in Detroit)

AMC generally doesn't make crap shows, I think this one might have some promise. This show will be premiering this summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTFKglwGwcY

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    AMC generally doesn't make crap shows, I think this one might have some promise. This show will be premiering this summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTFKglwGwcY
    Yes. I wish they'd be more specific about when it will be showing. I wouldn't want to miss it.

Hopefully someone will give us all a heads up here when the schedule becomes known.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Yes. I wish they'd be more specific about when it will be showing. I wouldn't want to miss it.

Hopefully someone will give us all a heads up here when the schedule becomes known.
    It's the subject of a new cover story by Jim McFarlin:

http://metrotimes.com/culture/cultur...-sun-1.1463768

Anything after Breaking Bad is bound to be a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Pretty much. However, if anyone would have told me that AMC would be the amazing original series bastion that it has become years ago, i would have laughed.

The have come a long way. Bravo and TLC? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I DO agree with you ... but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Pretty much. However, if anyone would have told me that AMC would be the amazing original series bastion that it has become years ago, i would have laughed.

The have come a long way. Bravo and TLC? Not so much.
    considering that TLC, which, remember, stood for The Learning Channel at one time had some first rate educational programming, they have fallen WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY down

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    considering that TLC, which, remember, stood for The Learning Channel at one time had some first rate educational programming, they have fallen WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY down

The should just rename themselves "The Freakshow Channel" since that's all they show these days.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Sounds like they learned quickly... what sells and what doesn't.

Saw Morgan from The Walking Dead in the clip. Now we know the real reason he didn't want to join the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Saw Morgan from The Walking Dead in the clip. Now we know the real reason he didn't want to join the group.
    He escaped the zombie Apocalypse, and found safety in Detroit. It's kind of funny when you think about about it.

It's his second roll [[that I know) of him playing a Detroiter, his first was in "Hung". And I didn't know it until this year, but dude is British.

OH NO! Not another Detroit 187 cop drama show again!

The British actors seem to have quite a knack for American southern accents.

American southern accents were shaped by English and Irish accents.

Quote Originally Posted by jolla View Post
    American southern accents were shaped by English and Irish accents.
    Oddly enough, around the time of the revolution, British English probably more closely resembled Midwestern American English than the posh BBC English to which we are so accustomed today. I can't produce any recordings to support this, but it has been the advent of broadcasting that has transformed British English to the non-rhotic speech we are familiar with now. They used to use hard arrs [[r). Sorry, way off-topic.

They plan on shooting in the Boston Edison neighborhood, the location scout interviewed my fiance's mother about using her house as well as her neighbor.

That link doesn't work. Try this one. This doesn't look too bad. I still miss Detroit 187...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdWAYnkuF8c

i think this is the series that is shooting today. they have rented part of Fort Wayne as their staging area.

they have a bunch of fake DPD cars & news vans and a coroner's van that i recognize from when they were filming nextdoor at the Delray Boat Launch last summer.