Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Village Green buys Millender Center

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/V...z/-/index.html

"Millender Center Apartments will feature a 33rd floor Sky Park with outdoor patio, indoor pool and spa, business center, conference room, professional fitness center and yoga studio. The outdoor Sky Park includes a fireplace, gourmet kitchen, water feature, outdoor movie theater and multiple sunning and entertainment areas."

Pretty exciting for residents, probably not so exciting for the employees that may or may not have been eliminated to make way for new management. Now the question becomes: how much will rent increase for current residents?

Seems to me this Sky Park would need to be located on top of the garage where the tennis courts are. I don't see how you fit all this stuff on the 33rd floor next to the HVAC equipment.

Where are the protesters denouncing a suburban firm taking over a Detroit entity? Someone call Jesse Jackson and Mrs. Watson.....

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Where are the protesters denouncing a suburban firm taking over a Detroit entity? Someone call Jesse Jackson and Mrs. Watson.....
    Give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Seems to me this Sky Park would need to be located on top of the garage where the tennis courts are. I don't see how you fit all this stuff on the 33rd floor next to the HVAC equipment.
    That's gotta be a mistake. I believe they meant the 8th floor, where most of our community rooms are now.

MrChrome, I think you've got to be right on this. Isn't the 33rd floor currently used for units?

Very exciting for everyone. I was a part of the takeover team when I worked at VG and we took over the mgmt contract at the former Trolley Plaza/Washington Square now Detroit City Apartments. We filled that place up pretty quickly by just providing basic good management and customer service. I wish VG all the best at their newest downtown project.

Quote Originally Posted by DTFellow View Post
    MrChrome, I think you've got to be right on this. Isn't the 33rd floor currently used for units?
    You are correct. The 33rd floor is all units and I believe they are all full. There's no space for much of anything, especially not a pool

There already is a pool and a complete health club/tennis courts and grass area atop the parking structure. Could it be part of the agreement? I see that they are only buying control of the apartments and Marriot runs the health club on the parking garage roof. I doubt GM would sell the whole building as it is a good asset with lots of parking.

Perhaps we are reading it wrong as it says it will feature the skypark, blah, blah, blah.......
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; March-25-13 at 10:14 PM.