Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Senseless murder of baby by teens in Georgia [[Brunswick)

Headline: Baby shot dead in stroller; 2 Georgia teens charged with murder

From CNN article:

Two teen boys in this coastal citywere charged with murder Friday, accused in the fatal shooting of a 13-month-old boy who was in a stroller being pushed by his mother.

Aided by a description and a check of school attendance records to determine who was not in classes Thursday, officers searched for the young suspects and took them into custody, police said.

The mother told reporters the shooting occurred when one youth demanded money.

Police expressed confidence they would find the weapon, believed to be a handgun.

Spokesman Todd Rhodes, who described the shooting as "horrific," told CNN's "The Situation Room" on Friday evening that search warrants were being executed in three locations.

Chief Tobe Green identified the older suspect as De'Marquise Elkins, 17, and said he will be treated as an adult in criminal proceedings. The 14-year-old was not identified because of his age. Both have been charged with first-degree murder, police said.

"We are turning every stone to get a motive," said Green....

"A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn't have any money. And he said, 'Give me your money or I'm going to kill you and I'm going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,' and I said, 'I don't have any money,' and 'Don't kill my baby.'"

The boy tried to grab her purse and opened fire when she said tried to tell him she had no money, West said, with the shot grazing her head. She said the boy then shot her in the leg.

West continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/geo...html?hpt=hp_t2

I'm stunned.

I saw this story on the televison news over the weekend. In that report, it was also told that this same mother had a teenage son who was stabbed to death on the street in a robbery attempt about 5 yrs ago. These 2 should never see the light of day again.

The elder boy's aunt says he was with her all morning. Yet the younger boy was caught first and peached on him. I agree, they really need to throw the book at the shooter, callousness like that needs to be confined.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    The elder boy's aunt says he was with her all morning. Yet the younger boy was caught first and peached on him. I agree, they really need to throw the book at the shooter, callousness like that needs to be confined.
    Lock the Aunt up for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    I saw this story on the televison news over the weekend. In that report, it was also told that this same mother had a teenage son who was stabbed to death on the street in a robbery attempt about 5 yrs ago. These 2 should never see the light of day again.
    Her son was the attempted robber. His killer turned the weapon on his attacker and walked on self defense.

I'll be honest I suspected the mother/parents.

Looks like Moe and Joe Black actually did it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Her son was the attempted robber. His killer turned the weapon on his attacker and walked on self defense.

I'll be honest I suspected the mother/parents.

Looks like Moe and Joe Black actually did it this time.
    I'm not following you. You think the baby's mother/parents killed the infant? What motive?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm not following you. You think the baby's mother/parents killed the infant? What motive?
    Just the weirdly calm stumbling interview, the senselessness of the crime

I'm always sceptical of these crimes that make no sense that make no sense on their surface blamed on random black perps.

A rich white wife found dead in a poor/black neighborhood and the car/wallet is untouched? I'm suspicious of the husband.

A kid/bunch of kids gets killed with the mother relatively unharmed at the hands of a black guy. Again I'm suspicious.

From the looks of this case so far my suspicions were wrong.

I'm always sceptical of these crimes that make no sense that make no sense on their surface blamed on random black perps.

A rich white wife found dead in a poor/black neighborhood and the car/wallet is untouched? I'm suspicious of the husband.

A kid/bunch of kids gets killed with the mother relatively unharmed at the hands of a black guy. Again I'm suspicious.

So, basically you are saying that this is a case of "when keepin' it real goes wrong" am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    So, basically you are saying that this is a case of "when keepin' it real goes wrong" am I correct?
    I don't follow you.

You do have a point. I do know a few rich people, both black & white, [[I certainly am NOT by any stretch of the imagination), and some of them DO get flaky. [[eg. "Big Bobb"). A few years back, a man was walking his dog early in the a.m. A car pulled up, a guy with a gun jumps out and demands his valubles. The walker had left eveything @ home but his house keys. The perp shot his dog. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just an escalation of violence. Then again, you might be right. Look @ the "Big Bobb" incident.

I am starting to get a funny feeling about this case, too. There is something about the smoothness of the apprehension and ID of the alleged perps and the mother's aspect. It all makes sense, but the jive alarm is quivering a bit. I keep going back to 'the father lives across the street.'

Look up her daughter Ashley Glassey and watch the video.

Daughter Of Georgia Mother Claims Shooting Of Baby Brother Was For Insurance Money [[VIDEO)

March 28, 2013
    Published by Memphis Rap in iLL News, News, Videos

Good call, brizee.

Quote Originally Posted by DW313512 View Post
    Look up her daughter Ashley Glassey and watch the video....
    Here's a direct link to it:

Daughter Of Georgia Mother Claims Shooting Of Baby Brother Was For Insurance Money [[VIDEO)

The video's at the end of the article.