Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Jesse Jackson calls for 'mass' demonstration against EFM

The Rev. Jesse Jackson Friday called for a mass, non-violent demonstration to protest the appointment of an emergency manager over Detroit's finances.

The civil rights leader, along with councilwoman JoAnn Watson and U.S. Rep. John Conyers, spoke to a group in downtown Detroit. Together, they suggested instead an urban renewal program for the city and asked citizens to stand up prior to Monday's start date for newly appointed emergency manager Kevyn Orr.

"It's time for a major, mass, non-violent demonstration in Michigan," said Jackson.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21...#ixzz2OMQiBu4V

From Sam Riddles Twitter feed this morning to anyone who's interested: NAN MEETING 2Day @ 10 AM @ HISTORIC KING SOLOMON BAPTIST CHURCH ON 14TH ST 2 BLOCKS SOUTH OF THE BOULEVARD-DETROIT, THE TIMES DEMAND ACTION

NAN is "National Action Network"

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post
    From Sam Riddles Twitter feed this morning to anyone who's interested: NAN MEETING 2Day @ 10 AM @ HISTORIC KING SOLOMON BAPTIST CHURCH ON 14TH ST 2 BLOCKS SOUTH OF THE BOULEVARD-DETROIT, THE TIMES DEMAND ACTION

NAN is "National Action Network"
    Sam Riddle is now onboard the crook wagon as well. Maybe they can hire MonCon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The Rev. Jesse Jackson Friday called for a mass, non-violent demonstration to protest the appointment of an emergency manager over Detroit's finances.

The civil rights leader, along with councilwoman JoAnn Watson and U.S. Rep. John Conyers, spoke to a group in downtown Detroit. Together, they suggested instead an urban renewal program for the city and asked citizens to stand up prior to Monday's start date for newly appointed emergency manager Kevyn Orr.

"It's time for a major, mass, non-violent demonstration in Michigan," said Jackson.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21...#ixzz2OMQiBu4V
    He's a fool. Maybe he should have done this before Detroit drove all of its citizens out and maybe he should have cared when Kwame was raping the cities tax payers.

Average Detroiters don't care anymore about this stuff. They just want their street lights on and police to respond.

Robert: Not too good. I mean, if I don't move my head I can see you pretty good. More or less. But when I start ridin' the bag's movin' all over and I'm ridin' blind.Randy: [tearing his bag] Shit. I just made mine worse. Anybody bring any extra bags?Terry: No, nobody brought an extra bag!Randy: I'm just askin'!Doug: Do we have to wear 'em when we ride?Big Daddy: Oh well shitfire! If you don't wear 'em as you ride up that just defeats the purpose!Redfish: [ripping off bag] Well I can't see in this fucking thing! I can't breathe in this fucking thing and I can't ride in this fucking thing!Willard: Well fuck all y'all I'm goin' home! Ya know I watched my wife work all day gettin' thirty bags together for you ungrateful sons of bitches, and all I can hear is criticize, criticize, criticize! From now on, don't ask me or mine for nothin'! [rides away]Big Daddy: Now look, let's not forget why we're here. We gotta killer nigger over that hill there, and we gotta make a lesson outta 'em.Randy: Okay I'm confused. Are the bags on or off?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Average Detroiters don't care anymore about this stuff. They just want their street lights on and police to respond.
    I know. I heard that there were only about 15 people and 10 reporters listening to him the other day.

Professional rabble-rousers. Please please please go back to your own cities/states and let Detroit start its painful healing.

I used to think JJ was just a little slow and behind the times. I was wrong. He's just a selfish person putting himself ahead of the needs of others. He irrelevance is now almost complete.

At one time they were talking about Jesse becoming mayor of Washington DC. Washington mayor-jailbird-mayor again Marion Barry said about that "the only thing Jesse wants to run is his mouth".

Attachment 18688

First Dennis Rodman embarrasses the nation by flying to North Korea and hob-nobs with their wacko politicians. Then Jesse pulls the same stunt, traveling to Venezuela and delivering a glowing eulogy for Hugo Chavez,whose anti-American quotes are legendary of this despot.
    So it was a forgone conclusion that Jesse would soon be in Detroit to dictate to its citizens what, where, how and when they should act. I am sure Al Sharpton is waiting in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    I am sure Al Sharpton is waiting in the wings.
    Al Sharpton is busy promoting the divide of the country along political lines on MSNBC.

I chatted with a well known former DPD Police Chief yesterday and his comment was what the hell is Jackson doing here. Does anyone really listen to Jackson anymore?

Jesse has done some good things like going to Iraq and Yugoslavia to bring back captured troops that takes a lot of guts but there is no need for this. Its already happening and the city in a complete mess and still getting worse. Keeping status quo is not the answer anymore.

Can anyone out there tell us, DYer's who is paying the freight to transport, feed and lodge Jesse Jackson while he is here in Detroit? I'm sure the man doesn't come cheap and isn't doing this out of the goodness of his heart. And finally, why does he have to play the race card everywhere he goes....it isn't about race, its about managing money to ensure a future Detroit. I'd like to see how some of the elected council manage their finances....I'd bet they don't do it like they do the Citys books

Jackson is a joke. Most people know that except for the die hards that always want to play the race card. Peters is pandering to a few, Conyers just wants to snuggle with Jackson instead of MonCon. Stay tuned for how this plays out. When this Zimmerman/ Trayvon Martin thing in Florida gets going, watch for Jesse to be flying around on his broomstick down there.

Hey now the reverend has a point... 0.235% of the Detroit population can't be wrong.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...r-our/HJBwXFSp

Quote Originally Posted by birwood View Post
    And finally, why does he have to play the race card everywhere he goes....it isn't about race, its about managing money to ensure a future Detroit. I'd like to see how some of the elected council manage their finances....I'd bet they don't do it like they do the Citys books
    Any time a white man does anything in the black community it's racism, racist! As far as the Council managing their personal finances, just ask PU and Kenyatta, they're experts.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-23-13 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by birwood View Post
    Can anyone out there tell us, DYer's who is paying the freight to transport, feed and lodge Jesse Jackson while he is here in Detroit? I'm sure the man doesn't come cheap and isn't doing this out of the goodness of his heart. And finally, why does he have to play the race card everywhere he goes....it isn't about race, its about managing money to ensure a future Detroit. I'd like to see how some of the elected council manage their finances....I'd bet they don't do it like they do the Citys books
    Am not well-informed, but the basic method may be to extort money from corporations to contribute to him. If they don't, he'll call them 'racists'. If they do, he travels to Detroit.

It won't be long till this is found unconstitutional then you racists can really crow!

It won't be long till this is found unconstitutional then you racists can really crow!
    The thing is it can take a long time for decisions to be made in a federal lawsuit. The Michigan Supreme Court most certainly isn't going to rule any of this unconstitutional.

By the time a judge at the federal level rules Michigan's EM law as unconstitutional, the damage by the EM would have probably been done. It's also going to be quite difficult to reverse the damage too [[thus see what's happening with DPS and the 15 EAA schools after PA 4 was repealed).

[[assuming a federal lawsuit is filed and it is in fact ruled unconstitutional)

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    The thing is it can take a long time for decisions to be made in a federal lawsuit. The Michigan Supreme Court most certainly isn't going to rule any of this unconstitutional.

By the time a judge at the federal level rules Michigan's EM law as unconstitutional, the damage by the EM would have probably been done. It's also going to be quite difficult to reverse the damage too [[thus see what's happening with DPS and the 15 EAA schools after PA 4 was repealed).

[[assuming a federal lawsuit is filed and it is in fact ruled unconstitutional)
    Can't be any worse then the damage done by the pack of clowns "Constitutionally" elected to office. Maybe Orr will actually make some accounting entries, imagine that. Maybe he'll uncover funds "missing"? Naw, that couldn't possibly happen.

Robert: Not too good. I mean, if I don't move my head I can see you pretty good. More or less. But when I start ridin' the bag's movin' all over and I'm ridin' blind.Randy: [tearing his bag] Shit. I just made mine worse. Anybody bring any extra bags?Terry: No, nobody brought an extra bag!Randy: I'm just askin'!Doug: Do we have to wear 'em when we ride?Big Daddy: Oh well shitfire! If you don't wear 'em as you ride up that just defeats the purpose!Redfish: [ripping off bag] Well I can't see in this fucking thing! I can't breathe in this fucking thing and I can't ride in this fucking thing!Willard: Well fuck all y'all I'm goin' home! Ya know I watched my wife work all day gettin' thirty bags together for you ungrateful sons of bitches, and all I can hear is criticize, criticize, criticize! From now on, don't ask me or mine for nothin'! [rides away]Big Daddy: Now look, let's not forget why we're here. We gotta killer nigger over that hill there, and we gotta make a lesson outta 'em.Randy: Okay I'm confused. Are the bags on or off?
    LOL! Thanks for that. I found the clip:

Django Unchained - Bag Men Scene

"Democracy" in action. Next raid: bags with pleats or without pleats?

Do you have it in your noggin that some may be against Jesse Jackson's antics and NOT be racist?! He is a hypocritical clown who drums up controversy and division and racism everywhere he goes.

That doesn't mean the EFM/EM law is in any way in line with the spirit of the people. We voted out 'laws like this', not just one specific example of it that could be immediately replaced by the interlopers from Lansing.

no that never occurred to me, and by the comments so far I don't think that's possible!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast