Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Bing to make "unprecedented announcement" on Monday morning

Jesse Jackson actually has a solution for fixing all of Detroit's woes, not just a decree to to get his name in the spotlight again.

They are going to legitimize the Occupy movement, by installing an African-American Emergency Manager. Then they are going to Occupy City Government, with side classes tutoring sitting on one's asses, led by Joanne Watson, and also teaching everyone the wrong words to "Onward Christian Soldiers" [[a great psyop to confuse Orr and his newbies) by the great Barbara Rose-Collins.

Bing is going to call for a full court press to stretch the time before the end of the quarter.

Detroit is selling naming rights to Google. In the future it will be known as DeGoogle.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    Detroit is selling naming rights to Google. In the future it will be known as DeGoogle.
    Silicon Valley heeded Dan Gilbert's call and have decided to uproot the entire region and move to Detroit. For the cheap real estate and opportunity to be a big fish in a small pond, of course...

Gilbert retail plan? Hudson site development? Illitch arena +other related construction?

I guess we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by begingri View Post
    Gilbert retail plan? Hudson site development? Illitch arena +other related construction?

I guess we shall see.
    hahahahahahahahaha

ah

There will be nothing but Emergency Manager reaction, and the handling of that, for at least a day...this day.

With Jesse comin' to town, there ain't time for no discussions about retail...development...construction. Hell, I don't know if those words are even in his vocabulary!

Ain't nothing positive happening when Jesse comes to town...

I would hope it pertains to acquiring new EMS/Fire equipment since Bing was begging corporations to chip in a few wks ago. He wants to show he can still get something done. Hopefully he's not sitting down. It might be awkward if Orr rolls his chair out of the way during the announcement.

I sure hope it involves cheesecake.....

The National Guard is coming into the city. Not to make arrests or keep the peace. A guardsman will be stationed under each broken streetlight with a flash light to light up the entire city.

There was a new domain, thespiritofdetroit.org, that was just set up on March 19. it is set up as a domain by proxy, so no info on who did it. I'm sure it is about that

Well I don't know if you guys remember, but a bunch of corporations were going to chip in to get fire equipment and police cars.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21...afety-vehicles

Unless he's going to tell us that his sorry, tired ass is resigning, I couldn't care less what this "unprecendented announcement" is. He's irrelevant.

Bing, you're not a mayor; you just play one on TV.

"Significant" announcement would be Bing doing something to improve the city beyond the state it was in when he took office. Since there are no specifics in this article, it just seems to me to be akin a storeowner jacking up the price of an item 300% prior to offering it at half off. The management of public safety by Bing has been horrible. This will likely be about restoring some badly needed core services that were left to rot under his leadership. Hardly anything to brag about, although I am impressed by the local corporations participation.

On another note, I am puzzled on how the entire story is presented in Saturday's Detroit News. Under the big headline "Donors to help city EMS, police" only five brief and vague paragraphs report on that item. Then it pivots to extensive reporting on demonstrations against the EFM planned for Monday. If, as it appears based on the amount of ink and 3 reporter by-lines, the real story was the EFM turmoil, why not write a headline that reflects that, or just publish two different articles?
    Last edited by downtownguy; March-23-13 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    "Significant" announcement would be Bing doing something to improve the city beyond the state it was in when he took office. Since there are no specifics in this article, it just seems to me to be akin a storeowner jacking up the price of an item 300% prior to offering it at half off. The management of public safety by Bing has been horrible. This will likely be about restoring some badly needed core services that were left to rot under his leadership. Hardly anything to brag about, although I am impressed by the local corporations participation.

On another note, I am puzzled on how the entire story is presented in Saturday's Detroit News. Under the big headline "Donors to help city EMS, police" only five brief and vague paragraphs report on that item. Then it pivots to extensive reporting on demonstrations against the EFM planned for Monday. If, as it appears based on the amount of ink and 3 reporter by-lines, the real story was the EFM turmoil, why not write a headline that reflects that, or just publish two different articles?
    A lot more people want Detroit to succeed than to fail. If Detroit's leaders can stop caring about race, bickering, power, and bribes we'll see a lot of good things happen that will benefit the citizens.

I hope it isn't more depressing news. we'll see.

Like someone already suggested, it's about Dan Gilbert and Roger Penske donating money to get the city new squad cars and EMS vehicles. I know most were hoping he would announce he's not running for re-election. Boy, that Dan Gilbert has his fingerprints on everything these days. Hell, he should run for Mayor.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; March-23-13 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Like someone already suggested, it's about Dan Gilbert and Roger Penske donating money to get the city new squad cars and EMS vehicles. I know most were hoping he would announce he's not running for re-election. Boy, that Dan Gilbert has his fingerprints on everything these days. Hell, he should run for Mayor.
    I actually want Bing to run for re-election, just so he can experience a crushing defeat and realize that Detroiters are tired of his incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    The National Guard is coming into the city. Not to make arrests or keep the peace. A guardsman will be stationed under each broken streetlight with a flash light to light up the entire city.
    Well stated, Downriviera. They could also signal the invasion from "outsiders": One if by land, two if by sea,