Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dave Bing announces 'Detroit 1' law enforcement collaboration

Sounds alot like the same tactics Warren Evans was using.

Which was working.

Which Bing THEN IGNORED FOR THE NEXT 2 and a half years.

BING: "Hi. My name is Dave ..."

[[eyes shift from left to right)

"... Bing. I'm here to say ..."

etc. etc. ad nauseam ...

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post

Which was working.

Not like they're bringing back STRESS. Whatever works is fine with me, what they've been doing sure isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post

Which was working.

“the small number of folk who create all this havoc in our city,”

If I were Bing, I'd make these guys designated ambulance drivers. For a "small number of folk", they sure do get around.

Bing needs to go back to Franklin yesterday.

His power left last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    His power left last week.
    Bing reminds me of the Ralphie character on the Simpsons series. Every once in a while he appears, says something irrelevant, then you don't hear from him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by honky tonk View Post
    bing reminds me of the ralphie character on the simpsons series. Every once in a while he appears, says something irrelevant, then you don't hear from him for a while.
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm SERIOUS! I remember out of the clear blue he said @ a press conference "We're going to knock down the Brewster Projects". I could hear Joann Watson in the background "Attaboy Ralphie".

Wasn't Evans' game just to bust all the lowest-level street hands and boast really loudly about it?! It was a failure, the real perps were in business the moment he stopped harassing their pawns, and as far as I know not a ONE of 'em turned on their suppliers and superiors.

If I remember correctly, there were just over 600...six hundred...arrests made, yet only 6 vehicles and 3 handguns...and so little money they couldn't even steal enough of it to throw a decent Policeman's Ball that year?!

Of course, they might have another definition of ball...

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm SERIOUS! I remember out of the clear blue he said @ a press conference "We're going to knock down the Brewster Projects". I could hear Joann Watson in the background "Attaboy Ralphie".

Well d&mn!!LMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Wasn't Evans' game just to bust all the lowest-level street hands and boast really loudly about it?! It was a failure, the real perps were in business the moment he stopped harassing their pawns, and as far as I know not a ONE of 'em turned on their suppliers and superiors.

If I remember correctly, there were just over 600...six hundred...arrests made, yet only 6 vehicles and 3 handguns...and so little money they couldn't even steal enough of it to throw a decent Policeman's Ball that year?!

Of course, they might have another definition of ball...
    You're right. He wasn't making money, only arrests and dropping the crime stats. He sucked.

You're right. He wasn't making money, only arrests and dropping the crime stats. He sucked.
    Making BULLSHIT low-level street-dealing arrests and not going after their suppliers and sources is the least he could do, literally.

All it did was make hassles for a bunch of inner-city families over a marketplace that should be made above-board by fully legalizing it all. Relegalizing alcohol is what killed the dangerousness of that marketplace, it is well past time to relegalize all substances, and make the use of the worst of them...the ones truly problematic...a health issue, not a criminal one.

I just won't stand by and let this discussion of the ex-husband of Ella-Bully Cummings, another stand-out Police Chief and collaborator with the Kwhyme corruption enterprise, ignore the fact that he was THE person in charge when the Kwhymaster was given the authority...when locked up in the county hold...to order a technician to adjust the temperature in his cell. For over a half day. I know this because I waited on the fellow who was waiting ON this technician to finally make it to the CAY. Heard it directly...and have reported it here ever since.

There was also rumors of meals being brought in from various restaurants, mostly Fishbones, during this time. When Warren Evans was Sheriff, and his ex-wife was the Chief of Police in Detroit.

Of course, later I also busted the Kwhymslime on having a phone when he was in the state lockup up in the UP, too, so it is evident The Crushed Diamond gets special treatment where-ever he went in this state. Damn glad the Feds finally took him out of this game.

Cheers, anyways, keep on thinking that stealing assets during drug raids is a valid way of making money, too.

Murders were down a quarter to a third when Evans was chief.

As long as similar tactics are deployed it doesn't matter who is boss as long as similar results are attained.

I couldn't care less about the extracurriculars.

Making BULLSHIT low-level street-dealing arrests and not going after their suppliers and sources is the least he could do, literally.

All it did was make hassles for a bunch of inner-city families over a marketplace that should be made above-board by fully legalizing it all. Relegalizing alcohol is what killed the dangerousness of that marketplace, it is well past time to relegalize all substances, and make the use of the worst of them...the ones truly problematic...a health issue, not a criminal one.

I just won't stand by and let this discussion of the ex-husband of Ella-Bully Cummings, another stand-out Police Chief and collaborator with the Kwhyme corruption enterprise, ignore the fact that he was THE person in charge when the Kwhymaster was given the authority...when locked up in the county hold...to order a technician to adjust the temperature in his cell. For over a half day. I know this because I waited on the fellow who was waiting ON this technician to finally make it to the CAY. Heard it directly...and have reported it here ever since.

There was also rumors of meals being brought in from various restaurants, mostly Fishbones, during this time. When Warren Evans was Sheriff, and his ex-wife was the Chief of Police in Detroit.

Of course, later I also busted the Kwhymslime on having a phone when he was in the state lockup up in the UP, too, so it is evident The Crushed Diamond gets special treatment where-ever he went in this state. Damn glad the Feds finally took him out of this game.

Cheers, anyways, keep on thinking that stealing assets during drug raids is a valid way of making money, too.
    Let's clear the air, John. I DON'T think "stealing" assets during drug raids IS a valid way of making money, so I don't know why you would post that. My shot was @ your statement, and I quote:

"If I remember correctly, there were just over 600...six hundred...arrests made, yet only 6 vehicles and 3 handguns...and so little money they couldn't even steal enough of it to throw a decent Policeman's Ball that year?!"

You seem to be crabing that Evans wasn't filling the till with his busts so he is termination was justified. As far as the penny-ante busts go, if the kingpins don't have mules, the product doesn't get delivered. It then forces them to show their hand, and who knows, maybe get popped? We'll never know though, because after things started changing, a one minute video clip ended his career. And the crime scene in Detroit? Well that's gotten better, no? Ask any Detroiter who's consistantly been a victim of car thefts, break-ins, and gun point robberies, whether they care about a "National Bust", or to get these daily, annoying, pimples off of their butts, and make their daily lives a bit easier. Chairs!

Let's clear the air, John. I DON'T think "stealing" assets during drug raids IS a valid way of making money, so I don't know why you would post that. My shot was @ your statement, and I quote:

"If I remember correctly, there were just over 600...six hundred...arrests made, yet only 6 vehicles and 3 handguns...and so little money they couldn't even steal enough of it to throw a decent Policeman's Ball that year?!"

You seem to be crabing that Evans wasn't filling the till with his busts so he is termination was justified. As far as the penny-ante busts go, if the kingpins don't have mules, the product doesn't get delivered. It then forces them to show their hand, and who knows, maybe get popped? We'll never know though, because after things started changing, a one minute video clip ended his career. And the crime scene in Detroit? Well that's gotten better, no? Ask any Detroiter who's consistantly been a victim of car thefts, break-ins, and gun point robberies, whether they care about a "National Bust", or to get these daily, annoying, pimples off of their butts, and make their daily lives a bit easier. Chairs!
    Nah, I'm crabbing that this guy is being shone in a light that ignores his flaws and associations with known criminals.

Heh, you turned my "stealing" into "making"...it was a simple language issue. Glad you cleared that up.

Relegalizing will achieve all that you desire and more. Aim for that instead.

Glad you agree that drug forfeiture extra-legally done before prosecution [[which they ALL do at every level) is not a valid money-making scheme. It turns even the best cops into thugs and thieves. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, right?! Then give the stuff back from all the shakedowns...which didn't lead to conviction. That would likely be MOST of them.

His actions caused so much outrage in the city, that I'd bet it helped fuel the relegalization of cannabis here. Families don't forget when their young ones are used for political gains over bullshit that should never have been illegal.

Cheers

And the car thefts, burglaries, and robberies are more associated with a down economy than drugs. Once you take the profit motive out of meth and heroin...again, by making it a HEALTH issue, not a criminal one...the subset that IS associated with crime will go down. The others will track the health of the economy, like they always do.

And the car thefts, burglaries, and robberies are more associated with a down economy than drugs. Once you take the profit motive out of meth and heroin...again, by making it a HEALTH issue, not a criminal one...the subset that IS associated with crime will go down. The others will track the health of the economy, like they always do.
    Those have ALWAYS been a part of Detroit living, but lately they've become a career move. Part of the problem certainly IS the economy, but a bigger part, IMO, is because there are no repercussions, so "everybody's doing it". Personally, I think we should quit kidding ourselves, quit feeding the "War On Drugs", and legalize a few things. Let the chips fall where they may. Nothing else we've tried is working, hasn't worked in years, and has turned into one huge money pit. As far as my aforementioned "petty" crimes, I'd like them to go-TF away, by any means necessary.

Default The Big Four

Bring back the “Big Four”. It worked in the 1950's and 60's!!
    Name:  Dave Bing.jpg
Views: 1293
Size:  91.3 KB

I want some of the people running for city council to support decriminalization and legalization. unfortunately, there would be incredible pushback from religious groups and others who assume the worst of intentions, "you must want th ekids to get high early on"..

Those have ALWAYS been a part of Detroit living, but lately they've become a career move. Part of the problem certainly IS the economy, but a bigger part, IMO, is because there are no repercussions, so "everybody's doing it". Personally, I think we should quit kidding ourselves, quit feeding the "War On Drugs", and legalize a few things. Let the chips fall where they may. Nothing else we've tried is working, hasn't worked in years, and has turned into one huge money pit. As far as my aforementioned "petty" crimes, I'd like them to go-TF away, by any means necessary.
    I'm with ya...and I'd add that the worst of it all, these aren't merely career jobs now, they have the same issues with nepotism. Once the next generation takes over, they consider it their entitlement. Crime in Detroit is institutionalized, and not unlike during the Purple Gang time, the infrastructure of government has been compromised and corrupted at many levels. One of the offsets to the whole McNamara-instructed takeover of Detroit politics...then the various levels of government necessary to insure the group's survival...was this encroachment of networked connections used to skip the full penalty of the law.

Let's hope the Federal shakeup at the top also removes those in the middle whose meddling with the system bought some $63 annual property tax bills, police who would not only look the other way but occasionally be the perps, judges eager to skew the courts to their advantage, schools failing to teach the kids, firemen starting the fires...among many, many more layers of abuse.

But so many of these items recur generationally...it is odd to see so many of them happen time and again in Detroit. I think you're right...people rob, steal, and worse here because they know they'll get away with it. But that is NOT why I turn red lights into stop signs...I do that so I don't get robbed, stolen from, or worse. Really.

No cheers here...not yet at least. I'm betting this initiative is the thing Andy Arena has been working on since he left the FBI. I've got mad respect for the guy, and that Federal prosecutor who tried KwhymeBobbyBernie so aptly is on this team, too. So, yeah...if they get the big crimes, and have an effect on the little ones...who can argue. But they've got to prioritize...