Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Does any one know a good realtor?

I've had problems getting people to call me back or do more than send listings I can readily access via zillow. Any recommendations? I'm a well qualified buyer but you'd think my credit score was 400 the way things are going. I'm looking for a downtown condo, if that matters.

Austin Black or the guys at Slows [[I think they call their real estate arm Conolly) should be bending over backwards to help you.

It's Ryan Cooley at O'Connor Realty

I'm having trouble getting O'Connor to call back as well. Went there last week, their "system" was down. Got a contact for a commercial loan that has still not called me back, and now the realtor is not responding to my email saying that their commercial loan contact has not responded. I don't get it, but I know better than to hold my breath.

Dealing with realtors in Detroit is night and day than any other major city I've lived in.

Quote Originally Posted by hathorlive View Post
    I've had problems getting people to call me back or do more than send listings I can readily access via zillow. Any recommendations? I'm a well qualified buyer but you'd think my credit score was 400 the way things are going. I'm looking for a downtown condo, if that matters.
    Try Tom Ball @ Real Estate One. He actually lives in Detroit, active in the community, knows ALL areas of the City well, and has helped out friends and family in the past. [[who are also Detroiters).
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-21-13 at 02:26 PM.

Margaret Palmer at Renaissance Investments. Margaret lives in Woodbridge, is active in the community and knows her stuff.

http://www.margaretpalmer.com/home.asp

I hear on good authority that there is current pent-up demand of about 4000 interested parties to aquire living space in the 4.2 sq. miles that comprises Greater Downtown Detroit. This includes rentals and purchase.

Thanks for all the suggestions! It's hard to navigate the system when you are new to an area and new to real estate. I appreciate all the help.

My experience with buying my condo was put beautifully by the realtor I contacted who was the listing agent, but couldn't do anything about selling it to me: realtors are a crapshoot. You can get a good one. You can get a bad one. You could drop the bad one and get a REALLY bad one. [[I had a really bad one.)

If you are looking in another month, there may be a really nicely renovated one on the market... Depending on my employment situation!

Dan Gilbert and Mike Ilitch!

Quote Originally Posted by piczka View Post
    Dan Gilbert and Mike Ilitch!
    Beauty!!!!