Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anybody know where Steven Yeun's [[The Walking Dead) parents Beauty Supply stores are?

Just curious? Saw him on interview & he said he lived in Detroit before & his parents still own two Beauty Supply stores here?

His father is Je Yeun and a search for that with "beauty supply" returns this:
    GOLDEN BEAUTY SUPPLY INC.

LAST UPDATED BASED ON INFORMATION FROM THE DLEG-BCS-CORPORATION DIVISION ON 2013-02-12
    IS THIS YOUR COMPANY? MANAGE YOUR PROFILE.

UNIVERSAL ID: MI-02387P

IN BRIEF

GOLDEN BEAUTY SUPPLY INC. was formed on 2009-03-16 in Michigan by JE HEUNG YEUN.

FORMATION

Universal ID MI-02387P
    Name GOLDEN BEAUTY SUPPLY INC.
    Registration Number 02387P
    Type CORP
    Kind Domestic Profit Corporati
    Status ACTIVE
    Stock Ownership Number of Shares: 60,000
    Formation Date 2009-03-16

OFFICERS

Registered Agent JE HEUNG YEUN

And Golden Beauty Supply is located on W. Seven Mile near Greenfield

In an early episode Glen [[Steven Yeun) mentioned that he was from Michigan. I just thought it was in the show and he really didn't live here, so this is interesting to know.

As a side note, I have friends who live where they do much [[or maybe all?) of the filming, it's in a suburb of Atlanta. It's more or less in their backyard, every now and then they'll be told they can't leave their sub [[via car) for such and such a time because of filming. I would NOT be happy with that if I had anything of importance I had to do. She's raised hell with them before when they tried to tell her she couldn't drive out of her street!

Shollin Guest

I thought he was from Troy?

Cool stuff. Thanks for the info. Great show.

"Glen" has become quite the badass. Love that show, cant wait to see tonights episode. Oops, Justified is on tonight, Walking Dead is Sunday.

I fell in love with zombies with Dawn of the Dead, George Romeros classic after his first classic Night of the Living Dead. It made the apolypse seem kind of fun.

I like how the word "Zombies" is never used in the show. They call them walkers, biters, and lame brains.

Great show, wish they would have made it here, some areas of the city would have been perfect., I'm not being a wiseass.

Good call ccal. Maybe they will migrate North in coming seasons, doubtfull since Snyder cut the film industrys tax rebates though. We have enough walkers here as it is though. Id love to meet Merle and his brother, Maggies just plane smokin hot.