Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Per your post I know you are young but I strongly advise you to be involved in your neighborhood. It pays big dividends. I know most of my neighbors for blocks either way. We really do look out for each other.

Was at a community meeting and it is heart warming to get the greets and hugs. A network makes a huge difference on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by getmoore View Post
    So true. And I honestly think we are slowly winning the battle.
    I appreciate your positive attitude, sometime DY has too much Detroit bashing. My neighborhood has saved 5 residents from losing homes and we are looking into purchasing and reclaiming abandoned homes for new residents. Trust me, I am a minor player but still in the game.

Block by block is a good thing!

I concur. Isolation is the death nail. You have to get to know your neighbors. It really does make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Per your post I know you are young but I strongly advise you to be involved in your neighborhood. It pays big dividends. I know most of my neighbors for blocks either way. We really do look out for each other.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3