Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Can anyone identify this beer? [[ghost advertisement)

Haven't posted in a while but I am back and now actively reading posts again. I was driving through Royal Oak and noticed this neat advertisement recently uncovered on the former Royal Music building on North Main. Pictures taken today, 3-17-13. Can anyone identify this beer? I'm also including another photograph taken in the 13 and Greenfield area. Golf store which my dad tells me was there when he grew up there in the 1960's. Anecdotes appreciated!

Cheers. Name:  IMG_0271.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  50.0 KBName:  IMG_0274.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  56.3 KB

Champagne Velvet, from the Terre Haute Brewing Company. A couple of references.....

The first is from The Royal Oak Patch
    http://royaloak.patch.com/articles/h...photo-13623358

The second is from Indiana Beer, and is a brief history of the Terre Haute Brewing Company
    http://www.indianabeer.com/History/IH-TH.html

[[packman.....sorry for the duplication. I was researching this while you posted)

Thanks guys. I guess I could have googled it but this was more fun anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by coloroflaw View Post
    Thanks guys. I guess I could have googled it but this was more fun anyway.
    Hey, we're fungi's.

I love ghost paint ads. Such a glimpse into the colorful era of the past when all we have to see for reference are B&W images.

Not to hi-jack, but does anyone know if the old Vernors ad is still on the side of the building at the northeast corner of Dearborn and Harbaugh in Delray? Haven't been down there in a few years and always meant to take a photo of it.

I'd like to try a million dollar flavored beer. Just once.