Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default The Guy Rick Snyder picked to collect taxes in Detroit doesn't pay them!

That's nice; the guy Rick Snyder picked to collect taxes in Detroit doesn't pay them...this is just too much http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130316/METRO01/303160352/ …
    Last edited by RapBrown; March-16-13 at 11:58 AM.

Let's not jump to conclusions here.

I am amazed that the "Nerd" didn't do his homework. To put a man in charge of a city with financial problems who can't pay his own bills is ludicrious. Snyder needs to get rid of him and find someone else.

Is there anyone out there with any integrity?

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post
    That's nice; the guy Rick Snyder picked to collect taxes in Detroit doesn't pay them...this is just too much http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130316/METRO01/303160352/ …
    Neither does Joann Watson and look how many times she's been reelected.

Eh, you realize that's the problem, Kevyn Orr was never elected?

Of course I do. Do you realize he was put in place because the people that WERE elected just can't seem to get their act together?

and so putting in a man that doesn't pay his taxes.... Never mind, you're too sharp for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post
    and so putting in a man that doesn't pay his taxes.... Never mind, you're too sharp for me.
    Well, he claims he's going to take care of it, so let's see what happens. Any word on when Ms. Watson plans on paying hers?

In a world without any gray area, true, he's a man that "doesn't pay taxes." But to me it sounds like an honest oversight. I mean, he paid $16,000 the day after he found out. Did the liens disrupt his ability to restructure Chrysler?
    Last edited by Zug; March-16-13 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Neither does Joann Watson and look how many times she's been reelected.
    She was re-elected once.

He claims he is going to take care of it after the fact. How many of us have forgotten to pay taxes when they are due? He got caught, hense "he's taking care of it", otherwise, he would still owe if no one found out.

I've been trying to understand what taxes I am suppose to pay as someone who recently hired a nanny, and I've been told by many people that a large number of people don't realize or actively ignore paying taxes on childcare. The government treats you like an employer when you hire a nanny, but most people don't think of it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    She was re-elected once.
    Really? I guess it just seems longer.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    He claims he is going to take care of it after the fact. How many of us have forgotten to pay taxes when they are due? He got caught, hense "he's taking care of it", otherwise, he would still owe if no one found out.
    I don't tend to forget taxes from a few years ago let alone this year.

As Homer Simpson says,'Doh!"

Just as Pugh's inability to handle his finances contributed to my decision to not vote for him, Orr's tax issue raises a flag, also. Hard to believe he "forgot" or it "slipped through the cracks" considering he had four liens placed on his home since 2009. Seems like that would have been a pretty good reminder.

I'm sure the Gov. would have known that if you chose a Democrat it's to be expected; it goes with the territory. We've just had four years of a Treasury Secretary who came into office as a Tax Delinquent. Rules that Democrats administer are not supposed to apply to them; their job is to extract money from people that have it and give it to people that say they don't have it. It's called Re-Distribution; and if they consider taking from themselves and giving it back as a zero sum transaction who's to argue over a trifle?. I like what I've seen so far of Kevyn Orr and I'm sure he's up to subtle ways to extract money from Detroit Citizens and Bondholders alike. Check what he did for/to Chrysler Bondholders to achieve his signature achievement. He is a good choice for EFM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I'm sure the Gov. would have known that if you chose a Democrat it's to be expected; it goes with the territory. We've just had four years of a Treasury Secretary who came into office as a Tax Delinquent. Rules that Democrats administer are not supposed to apply to them; their job is to extract money from people that have it and give it to people that say they don't have it. It's called Re-Distribution; and if they consider taking from themselves and giving it back as a zero sum transaction who's to argue over a trifle?. I like what I've seen so far of Kevyn Orr and I'm sure he's up to subtle ways to extract money from Detroit Citizens and Bondholders alike. Check what he did for/to Chrysler Bondholders to achieve his signature achievement. He is a good choice for EFM.
    This is 100% indisputable, in the same way that all Republicans are racist pedophiles. Just facts.

Shouldnt the correct title for this thread be "Yet Another Democrat Appointed to a Position Of Setting Economic Policy Is Found to Not Have Paid Their Taxes"

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    This is 100% indisputable, in the same way that all Republicans are racist pedophiles. Just facts.
    When you've got nothing to say it's best not to publish anything so nobody knows; instead of making your noise so everybody knows.
    Last edited by coracle; March-16-13 at 05:14 PM.

If you're going to play this game for elected and appointed officials, I think you'll find that we'll run out of Democrats who didn't pay their taxes before we run out of Republicans who cheated on their wives, hired prostitutes, etc.

Yep, just what I expected from the "I'll back Snyder at any cost as long as he goes after those animals in Detroit" group. The fact of the matter is this isn't on Orr as much as it's on Snyder. The vetting process never existed. You can try to pretend that it was a 4 yr oversight or however you want to rationalize it, but they weren't trotting this guy out on every media in the state and country not to sell him. This is a disaster for Snyder, and he knows it. Now I'm interested to see if the lap dog journalists in this town go after Snyder for being so sloppy and arrogant. Either way it looks bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    If you're going to play this game for elected and appointed officials, I think you'll find that we'll run out of Democrats who didn't pay their taxes before we run out of Republicans who cheated on their wives, hired prostitutes, etc.
    Ha! Great world we live in.

But seriously folks, if we spend our days chasing from office anyone who's not perfect, we'll have no one serving.

Back to this issue... its likely he doesn't do his own taxes. When you run your own business and do consulting, taxes are monstrously complex. Mistakes are to be expected. Now I'm not excusing serial, active evasion of taxes. But this is a sideshow, amusing only to those who seek to attack the idea of an EFM.

RapBrown. See Post #20.

I receive a correspondence from the State of Michigan in December 2012 stating I failed to file a tax return for. The year 2008. but I did file and also received a refund for. The year 2008, The next year [[2009) which is standard for a refund I received a form 1099-G from the State of Michigan showing a detailed refund to me for the year 2008. of $..., OO.
    Now if somehow I were elected hypothetically speaking financial manager the media and their riders would run me out of town without given me benefit of doubt, so why jump to conclusions. We do not live in a perfect world.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast