Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: pope francis

Default pope francis

from argentina

Don't know much about this guy except that he was very buddy-buddy with a violent right-wing dictatorship of Videla

How many little tykes did this one 'befriend'?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Don't know much about this guy except that he was very buddy-buddy with a violent right-wing dictatorship of Videla
    From what I've been reading, it appears he was almost directly involved in helping them cover up political kidnappings and killings.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    From what I've been reading, it appears he was almost directly involved in helping them cover up political kidnappings and killings.
    Usually when someone starts a sentence with "from what I've been reading"... it's about as accurate as Wiki....

"Somebody must have said it... or we wouldn't be printing it!"

He was blamed for complicity in the disappearances of two Jesuits he kicked out [[a charge that was never proven, since his boss, the previous Archbishop of Argentina, a fishing buddy of at least one member of the Junta, refused to cooperate in the investigation), and accused of crimes against humanity by a couple of different organizations including the French government

fuck the new "pedophile in chief"
    But hey, maybe he will be get bored and quit too!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Usually when someone starts a sentence with "from what I've been reading"... it's about as accurate as Wiki....

"Somebody must have said it... or we wouldn't be printing it!"
    He's Catholic - thats enough for me to keep children I care about away from him.

Nothing warms the heart like some good old fashioned bigotry.

It's like this thread is filled with characters from Gangs of New York.

yes, there is enough against this guy to dislike him without the bigotry

Maybe the Catholic Church should consider allowing priests to marry.
    It's unnatural to have no outlet ... can send you in unnatural directions.

Unless, of course, if you're a unic.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Maybe the Catholic Church should consider allowing priests to marry.
    It's unnatural to have no outlet ... can send you in unnatural directions.

Unless, of course, if you're a unic.
    It's Eunuch

Just a quick question -

If Christians celebrate the risen christ, why are communion wafers, which are supposed to be the body of christ, unleavened?

One can argue that silence is complicity but that doesn't necessarily make it so. Still it certainly is not a badge of courage.

I am encouraged by what I hear about his non-materialistic eschewing of the luxuries of his office, taking buses, riding coach on flights, and living in a modest apartment instead of the bishop's palace.

Hopefully he can clean the rats out of the Curia and and refocus the church on those in need.

Theologically it seems there will be little change impending - no women priests, opposition to birth control and women's choice, opposition to gay rights.

Interesting audio piece, with transcript, about the controversy in Argentina:

http://www.npr.org/2013/03/14/174342...ring-dirty-war

I find it amazing that people are posting about how evil the Pope that they don't even know is, but defend the President that they don't even know, with unbending ferocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    I find it amazing that people are posting about how evil the Pope that they don't even know is, but defend the President that they don't even know, with unbending ferocity.
    When I saw you post on a thread about Pope Francis I knew that somehow you would work President Obama's name in the thread somehow, thanks now I know LOL !

Obama is their divine one. Never to be judged or questioned.
    And suddenly now that he's in charge, Government is also suddenly trustable [[hahahaha) in their eyes. And they will never criticize him, and always defend him, no matter WHAT he does.
    Meanwhile, Obama, the Bushes and Clinton, Boehner and Reid, play golf together, go to each other's houses, have dinner together and are all buddies and on the same team behind the scenes.

The point of my thread is that the Pope can be picked apart, dissected and devalued because Religion [[well only Catholics or Christianity, because Muslims actually fight back) is seen as an easy target, but the divine one in chief dare not be scrutinized, especially by a Democrat, or face fierce flaming on any forum.
    Last edited by Papasito; March-28-13 at 04:54 PM.

Selective reading by Papasito, as usual. What a one-trick pony.

Found you, leapfrog. And you suck.

Name:  liberal-college-girl-the-best-of-L-bM6qFj.jpeg
Views: 282
Size:  57.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Selective reading by Papasito, as usual. What a one-trick pony.
    LOL.

Your blind idolization of a politician is hilarious.
    Lets face facts here:
    Bill Clinton got things done and had a prosperous economy and some pretty good years in America with a REPUBLICAN MAJORITY.
    Ronald Reagan got things done and had a prosperous economy and some pretty good years in America with a DEMOCRAT MAJORITY.
    Barack Obama points his finger at a Republican majority and makes excuses.
    The simple fact, based on the accomplishments of his predecessors, is that he is simply a bad leader and a bad President.

America would have been a better place if someone else was leading it.
    Too bad Hillary didn't win in '08.
    Last edited by Papasito; April-10-13 at 06:39 PM.

The difference, Papa, is that Obama has a psychotic majority in the house and a psychotic over 41 in the senate

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Found you, leapfrog. And you suck.

Name:  liberal-college-girl-the-best-of-L-bM6qFj.jpeg
Views: 282
Size:  57.8 KB

Nah, I'm much more attractive than this person.
    i dislike all religion, not just Xianity. Get over it.

and suck? What are you a valley girl?