Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Thank You Forum Members

I just want to say thanks for all the years of insights, breaking news, and discussions you brought to the site. I have been a member of DYes since 2002, I beleive [[going back to the old site, obv). I have not been a regular contributor in years, and I hope to change that. But I have checked the site daily, because it has been my best source for information on Detroit. Often times, I see things here before I hear it on the news.

Anyway, now that I am posting for the first time in 2 years or so, I want to voice my thanks. Keep up the good work!

welcome back zug!

I tell people that 95% of what I know about Detroit and metro, I learned from this forum. From Native American history and lore, thanks Gazhekwe, through history to the latest EFM news, with timeouts for Soupy Sales or a Boston Cooler, I've drank it all in. So I add my thanks to the forum members and welcome back Zug, a name with a special meaning for me - the site of my first job in Detroit.

I want to thank all here also. Im a very nearsighted person ,literally and figuratively but you all have been my corrective lenses on many occasions. Im a better person for it I think. I do miss the old days of Dyes though, damn that was some fun convo back when we had only a couple of Republicans to mix it up with lol. I think about all the connections Ive made here in Detroit because of this website and where Id be without them, life would be a lot more boring. Thank you Lowell, thank you everyone, even you assholes, thank you. .

Well, lets keep on truckin.

Django, when I count my blessings, you are one blessing I count twice.

Great post, Zug, and thank you to Lowell for originating and organizing this forum.
    [[And Django, for the fine martinii at the Dally last September.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Great post, Zug, and thank you to Lowell for originating and organizing this forum.
    [[And Django, for the fine martinii at the Dally last September.)
    Django thanks for the mexico trip from cass coridor.

Im back in the Corridor now so its your turn to go to Mexico and write my name in the sand Bigb. You too Gnome and Bobl.
    Last edited by Django; March-26-13 at 05:35 PM. Reason: NIKOLI

I would like to thank everyone here also...Have not posted in a while...Just Gar Wood Thread...Find this place so informative ..Just like Lowell stated you can find it from A-Z...Thanks to all....Whaler

I also would like to say I read the forum daily I generally find it amusing and informative. Did stop posting a couple of years ago because I had trolls dogging me because I am a huge supporter of Detroit, its history and future.

Posting under my husbands name. Did tell him I was stealing his identity for a brief moment in time. Sumas

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldj View Post
    I also would like to say I read the forum daily I generally find it amusing and informative. Did stop posting a couple of years ago because I had trolls dogging me because I am a huge supporter of Detroit, its history and future.

Posting under my husbands name. Did tell him I was stealing his identity for a brief moment in time. Sumas
    Well that's interesting. Howdy Sumas.

Welcome back, Sumas...we missed you. Stromberg2

Hey folks... is this a reunion of sorts?? Sumas... I was wondering where you were hiding...

The one thing I miss about the old forum[[s) is that we had some idea when we first were posting here... and how many posts we had since our beginning. Now I have to guess... I think I've been here since 1998... and probably posted over 15,000 times. But it's hard to tell now...

Names from the past [[the good, the bad and the ugly...) Stlgasm, Histeric, Citylover, Skulker, Fnemenek, Jelk, Rasputin, Brian....

Jjaba......

... and The Rock....