Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Verdict in... Kwame Kilpatrick, Bobby Ferguson GUILTY

moment of truth... [[depending which side you're on) in Kwame corruption trial.

all eyes on the D...
    Last edited by MizMotown; March-11-13 at 08:38 AM.

Before long this place is gonna be more abuzz than certain toy aisles at Lovers Lane.

This verdict will also thankfully bring the final curtain down on the Jim Schaefer's godawful 'Bloggerville' coffee klatch in the Detroit Free Press, which provided daily evidence to Sam Riddle's contention that “Detroit is a backwards, country-ass town.” Anyone expecting serious coverage of this trial would have been disappointed to to be inundated with posts about fishing, pasties, assorted yahoos apologizing for being late and more useless garbage than I could have imagined. Hard to imagine JS with a Pulitzer, his blog's backwoods nonsense might play well in Alpena but Detroit deserves better.

My favorite post...

What the heck kind of journalism is this? I can't make head nor tails of all these comments and there doesn't appear to be an understandable account of events as they unfold. Allowing readers to interfere with THEIR two cents makes it even worse. Who decided to do the reporting this way? It's not a circus, people need to hear what is actually going on. I know Jim Schaefer can write a better story than this mess.

Not sure what the Freep editors were thinking in greenlighting such amateurish drivel, unless they also agree with Riddle's assessment. Which wouldn't surprise me since the city's teeming with carpetbaggers who have little respect for the city's rich heritage. Kudo's to Robert Snell and the DNews for keeping their reporting on a professional level.

Quote Originally Posted by bopcity View Post
    Kudo's to Robert Snell and the DNews for keeping their reporting on a professional level.
    AMEN! Report the news and not be the news.

Kilpatrick and Ferguson guilty, five counts so far...

Bernard Kilpatrick appears to be coming out of this unscathed so far. Amazing to hear all these "guilty" verdicts.

And now Bernard goes down...

All i can say about that verdict is wow. I am floored.

Guilty in 40 of 45 counts of extortion and racketeering. .....

I guess they won't be taking his tether off for trip to go see Carlitta THIS weekend either. .....

YES!!!!! I know that we will never chase all of the snakes out of Detroit government, but I still think this sends a clear message to those who think they can get away with anything here. If he would have been let off.....I shudder to think how much worse things could have become with corruption. I am thrilled about this verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    YES!!!!! I know that we will never chase all of the snakes out of Detroit government, but I still think this sends a clear message to those who think they can get away with anything here. If he would have been let off.....I shudder to think how much worse things could have become with corruption. I am thrilled about this verdict.
    Here's are the verdicts as they are read. Keep refreshing the home page.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...rge-by-charge/

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    Guilty in 40 of 45 counts of extortion and racketeering. .....

I guess they won't be taking his tether off for trip to go see Carlitta THIS weekend either. .....
    Let's not forget that Kwame's still in violation of the STATE for hiding some of his income. Today was just the reading of the Federal charges.

well.. Bobby walked in saying it was a good day and God is good. Just sayin....

Get their asses in prison PRONTO...

why would they even let him go back? That I don't get. Highly doubt it would happen for the average Joe?

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    well.. Bobby walked in saying it was a good day and God is good. Just sayin....

Oddly, that is what I'm sayin' now. Tryin' not to gloat...don't think that'd be karmically correct.

I haven't had a cigarette in years, but I sure could use one after that verdict!!

In the words of Rocky Balboa, "YOU AIN'T SO BAD, YOU AIN'T NOTHIN"

The party's over.

Detention hearing coming shortly. Will they go straight to lock up? Or do they get time to set their 'affairs in order'?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Detention hearing coming shortly. Will they go straight to lock up? Or do they get time to set their 'affairs in order'?
    Blagojevich was free until he reported to prison, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    Blagojevich was free until he reported to prison, if I recall correctly.
    The Freep is reporting that the US Attorney's Office is seeking immediate detention. This will not go over well.

It's a sad day [[especially for Kwame and Bobby and their families) but it's nice this chapter is closing. As a student of A Course In Miracles it's not God who punishes us, we punish ourselves. As long as one believes in the concept of guilt it's pretty smart to avoid things that [[consciously and unconsciously) makes one feel guilty.) One usually will set themselves up for the fall... This lets the Powers that be off the hook and makes one 100% responsible for their experiences in this world... anyway at this time I really do offer prayers [[cuz I believe in these things...) to all that had involvement in this drama...

Now on to the appeal process...
    Last edited by MizMotown; March-11-13 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I think that's what will be determined at 1:30 pm. I'd like to see them sent to Milan directly. I wonder if at sentencing if all the charges will be served concurrently or consecutively.

I imagine Mike Duggan is rushing all over town, trying to find a ball-gag large enough to keep his boy Malik Shabazz quiet over the verdict. Might undo that relationship a bit, I'm guessin', if Malik were to get righteous in all the wrong places.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast