Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What is the difference between Mao China and Gilbert Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by speeddaytwah View Post
    Is she calling Gilbert "Dilbert"? Now that's funny.

Wow,where to begin.Lets start with about 30-40 million killed,relocated,starved,reeducated,supressing of Tibet.Other than that, nice pictures.......

Not to mention temples, shrines, and religious artifacts, permanently destroyed.

... and another thing that was permanently destroyed by Mao [[during his tenure outer and inner Beijing City walls... intact for 530 years. They were 50 ft. high, and had 9 gates. Destruction started in the 1950s... and stopped in 1979... when it was deemed a "Cultural Heritage Site".... DUH!!

Altoghether about 45 miles of outer and inner ring walls were torn down... such a vast network which today would certainly have been made a Unesco World Heritage Site... had they survived!

All that is left are 3 gates and a small section of wall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing...fortifications

What a repugnantly ignorant troll attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceFair View Post
    What a repugnantly ignorant troll attempt.
    Go easy on Gistok. He's OK in my book.

I'm with Gannon on Gistok...he's hardly a troll.

Was the troll comment directed at Gistok or the person who started the thread?

and who is Jenny Chan?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Was the troll comment directed at Gistok or the person who started the thread?

and who is Jenny Chan?
    Someone trying to stain Dilbert's wonderful public image...that has always been one of my favorite cartoons. Damn her.

As for the troll comment...heh...there was no way Gistok's comment could be called ignorant or uninformed, hence the deep irony of my trite statement. I was jus' funnin'.