Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Carl Levin Retiring

This jerk cannot leave fast enough. What a fossil. What did he ever do for Michigan? Now it is time for Dingelberry and senile Conyers to go too. One can hope.

Dingelberry? haha
    Maybe Granholm might be interested

What other disgraced dem will run for this seat ?
    Hope Granmole stays in LA.

Thanks for your service. I don't agree with many of your policies, but I do appreciate your hard work on behalf of our great state.

An open Senate seat is a real big deal, the DC folk will be involved.
    As far as Jenny I hope she keeps her day job, but thinking about it she would have to be considered.

I believe Levin, voted the most for the middleclass, and poor, than many others.

He emobdied what a scandal free, legitimate policy maker should look like...gonna be missed

Fanniemae, when our state loses someone with the time Levin had in the Senate, everyone loses. Even "jerks" from the other side of the political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu Warrior View Post
    He emobdied what a scandal free, legitimate policy maker should look like...gonna be missed
    We need a like button here. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I believe Levin, voted the most for the middleclass, and poor, than many others.
    Some people may not agree with everything he did, but one thing is for sure, he fought for the "little" guy.
    Politicians like him are hard to come by nowadays.
    The only one who I can see that even comes close to Carl is the newly elected Elizabeth Warren. That woman kicks serious a__!
    I jut hope his replacement can somehow fill the big shoes he'll leave behind.

"Dingleberry" and "Granmole". How very creative and witty.

Crow anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Fanniemae, when our state loses someone with the time Levin had in the Senate, everyone loses. Even "jerks" from the other side of the political spectrum.
    Agreed 100%. Sen. Levin has been a lion of an advocate for all of Michigan for decades. His national influence will be sorely missed. He never pandered to the liberal fringe. He didn't waste time pursuing unneeded legislation on divisive social issues. And but for the bought-off by Wall Street crowd, he would also have added meaningful bank/finance reform to his legacy. A true leader. A fine public servant. One of the best legislators this state has ever produced.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    This jerk cannot leave fast enough. What a fossil. What did he ever do for Michigan? Now it is time for Dingelberry and senile Conyers to go too. One can hope.
    Anyone familiar with the city of Detroit... would realize that both Levin and Dingell were responsible for the funding of the massive million square foot plus VA Hospital in Midtown Detroit.... which will likely get a LOT of use in the future from veterans of the Iraqi and Afghan wars...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8711072...n/photostream/

As for Conyers... I'm still trying to figure out what he's ever done...

Levin is a good guy. Modest, hardworking, cerebral, and earned respect from both political parties. He'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    As for Conyers... I'm still trying to figure out what he's ever done...
    He has kept Monica out of the dating pool. That's a plus!

I am surprised that there are so many of you ripping on Levin. He lives in Detroit and is a former councilman. He has consistently put policy over politics. I wish we had more people in politics like him.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; March-08-13 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    Whenever I hear or see people not address politician's by their real names and resort to insipid name calling, it just degrades their argument. I'm all for discussing the shortcomings or failings of politicians but at least have the decency, intelligence, and maturity to address them by their real names.

Start an intelligent discussion with some measure of intelligence. Sheesh.

Of course. He's a bleeding heart liberal, who wants to take the money I have that I have worked hard for and give it to those who would rather sit on their asses. I hope he sits on those stupid specticals of his.

Really? What a jerk! Imagine voting for the middle class and poor, of all people. Why wasn't he out there representing only the wealthy few??

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Of course. He's a bleeding heart liberal, who wants to take the money I have that I have worked hard for and give it to those who would rather sit on their asses. I hope he sits on those stupid specticals of his.
    You were DPOA, right Ray? Never forget one's roots and which side of the coin did more for them.

Yeah, I know that money should only be given to wealthy people and large corporations.
    Morons who think like you are part of the reason we are in the shape we're in.
    Newsflash......All middle and lower class people do not sit on their ass waiting for you to send them a check.
    But trying to talk sense into someone like you isn't worth my time.

Imagine that, a person who actually cares about the downtrodden and those who are vulnerable, and you put him down. I think I know where you come from.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    You were DPOA, right Ray? Never forget one's roots and which side of the coin did more for them.
    Hey, a taker is a taker, even if they're taking from someone else and putting the money in your pocket.

I respected his knowledge, particularly in foreign affairs and defense matters. Domestically he was a garden variety tax-and-spend liberal, which some like but others don't. He was political, those who don't see that aspect of his career are probably in agreement with his politics.

On a personal level he and his wife were pretty aloof to the staff at the Pavilion where they had an apartment. Decades of being deferred to can make a person a bit arrogant.

I want to make sure none of my tax money has ever gone to helping you, specifically, in any way whatsoever.

Hansen Clarke might as well make a run for it since he was pushed out of the House race with the district-smooshing.

It will be interesting to see what Lon Johnson's new leadership of the state Dems manages to cultivate.

On the GOP side, I wonder will Mike Bouchard try to make a go for it, and will the state GOP consider uplifting a minority candidate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Hansen Clarke might as well make a run for it since he was pushed out of the House race with the district-smooshing.

It will be interesting to see what Lon Johnson's new leadership of the state Dems manages to cultivate.
    On the GOP side, I wonder will Mike Bouchard try to make a go for it, and will the state GOP consider uplifting a minority candidate at all.

I'd feel better with Hanson then with the other current choices.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast