Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A picture of London. Quite a special one.

Zoink!!

This is a panorama shot of the city of London. Made from over 45000 frames. You can print this picture, provided you have a printer that can handle sheets of 99 by 23 meters.... or in your money about 300 by 75 feet!

Nice! You almost feel like you are flying above the city at varying speeds depending on how fast you move. Cool. Thank for sharing!

Very interesting view of a vast city.

Sadly... the spread out office towers and flats [[apartments) have pretty much obscured the dome of St. Paul's and Sir Christopher Wren's vast number of church towers in "the City" the downtown area.

The section in front and to the right of the ferris wheel is the River Thames and Westminster... where Whitehall... the seat of government for Britain and Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey are located.

But it appears that everything is being obscured by modern towers. A pity...

Paris was much better at keeping it's historic skyline by building a downtown to the west of the Champs Elysees, and keeping the historic city relatively low rise.. like Washington D.C.

Although London was heavily bombed in WWII... more old buildings have been torn down since the war, that by the Luftwaffe.

Prince Charles has been a very vocal critic of the destruction of historic London... and he is an avid preservationist. He has however... pissed off a lot of modern architects with his comments about their "Frankenstein's monsters that people are forced to look at every day".
    Last edited by Gistok; March-05-13 at 03:00 AM.

There must be something from Gehry or one of his wanna-bees in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Zoink!!

This is a panorama shot of the city of London. Made from over 45000 frames. You can print this picture, provided you have a printer that can handle sheets of 99 by 23 meters.... or in your money about 300 by 75 feet!
    I spun it too fast, it made me throw up.

I won't be going to that website again... all of a sudden my Microsoft Essentials security software shut itself down....