Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Charlie LeDuff busts lazy 36th District Court Judge Cylenthia Miller

LeDuff had a very telling report on WJBK the other night. They have been watching a very lazy judge come and go as she pleases, often 2 hours late for her court. Plus Judge Miller has a ton of absences. This judge in the report really came off looking like a bad judge that should be removed.

HEY, look what I found! A link.......

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21...-or-not-at-all

I love LeDuff, this story is awesome, and the way he tells it is even awesome-er.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    HEY, look what I found! A link.......
    Charlie Le Duff is perfect. Didja notice the shopping bags she carries with her at all times. She can hardly walk she's so filled with the solid/liquid lunches. WTF?
    Last edited by canuck; February-27-13 at 05:38 PM.

I can't help but wonder why public officials&those in positions of authority don't know better than to engage in behavior like this. Granted it's not the end of the world but imo the judge should have known better&done her shopping on her time.
    Speaking of Judge Miller,I seem to remember her addressing council some years ago on behave of Detroit Works. IIRC her cousin was the late Kay Everett.

Ah, good old Charlie. Takes the power of the press and uses it to sock it to ... tardy judges.

Everybody loves to complain about the quality of judges in Detroit.

And nobody takes the time to investigate or report upon the qualifications of the candidates around election time.

Ensuring another outrageous "exposé" by LeDuff about the low quality of people elected to judgeships.

Meanwhile, for the people with real power, like Moroun, LeDuff gets down on his knees for a "fireside chat."

Wake me when LeDuff decides to do a takedown of somebody important.

Dnerd

You dont think a judge is important?

Maybe the fact you cant corner Moroun as easily as this judge matters more than the way he gets to talk to him. I think he does the best job he can in this respect. You have to wonder about the chief judge's tardiness in addressing the issue though. She shows a total lack of respect for her function, and she should be kicked out of there and work the meat counter at Krogers'; if they let her...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Ah, good old Charlie. Takes the power of the press and uses it to sock it to ... tardy judges.

Everybody loves to complain about the quality of judges in Detroit.

And nobody takes the time to investigate or report upon the qualifications of the candidates around election time.

Ensuring another outrageous "exposé" by LeDuff about the low quality of people elected to judgeships.

Meanwhile, for the people with real power, like Moroun, LeDuff gets down on his knees for a "fireside chat."

Wake me when LeDuff decides to do a takedown of somebody important.
    LaDuff has been trying to get Ficano, but slippery Bob is too slick. Maybe one day. But I do give kudos for getting the goods on the tardy judge. Got to take victories where you can.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    She shows a total lack of respect for her function, and she should be kicked out of there and work the meat counter at Krogers'; if they let her...
    They probably wouldn't. I don't think they'd put up with customers waiting for 2 hours before she hands them her baloney.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    They probably wouldn't. I don't think they'd put up with customers waiting for 2 hours before she hands them her baloney.
    Tee-hee!!!

What a brazen cow.

Who is "managing" her is the real question, why are they letting her get away with all this non-sense......

Charlie should have followed-up & interviewed her boss in this story!

Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Who is "managing" her is the real question, why are they letting her get away with all this non-sense......

Charlie should have followed-up & interviewed her boss in this story!

Hello?

Well he did speak to the chief judge, but the question still needs begging as to why she is left to carry on that way...

That kind of tardy and long lunch "pattern" does not come about overnight! She's been late etc., probably for many years, abusing the power of that position starting off a half an hour, that was ignored. Then it got to be hour then to this point. Coddled and allowed to continue, these um' work habits are tolerated only in certain realms.

Not to be tried by the majority of us who may at best may have a two to five minute, once in while, leeway for arrival time!
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-28-13 at 12:27 AM.

I hope Charlie follows up more, he usually does. He did interview the chief judge, sounds like she gets a slap on the wrist. Judge Miller may get her act together for a month, then back to her old ways. Hope Charlie is still watching. I don't have faith in most officials in Wayne County policing themselves. This is just the beginning of this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post

Excellent point!

She'll promise? Really? I could understand if this was maybe a day every week [[which is still too much), but any normal person would be fired! Damn, I'll take her job and do it for half what she gets paid, and I'll be there.

Wikepedia entry, also includes the info that she had only been a lawyer for ten years before being appointed to the position.

Cylenthia LaToye Miller is a district court judge for the 36th District Court in Michigan. She was appointed on April 10, 2006 and was elected the following November. She was re-elected on November 2, 2010 to a 6 year term that will end in 2016.

Michigan Supreme Court can remove her for gross misconduct. I am not sure how this rates in their eyes, sure would like her removed. By the time anyone in authority does try to do something, she will be up for re-election. Let us hope she is gone from the bench soon. But it could take till 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Wikepedia entry, also includes the info that she had only been a lawyer for ten years before being appointed to the position.

Cylenthia LaToye Miller is a district court judge for the 36th District Court in Michigan. She was appointed on April 10, 2006 and was elected the following November. She was re-elected on November 2, 2010 to a 6 year term that will end in 2016.
    It is basically impossible to beat a sitting Judge and as most lawyers will tell you it is suicide if you try. Walking into Judges court rooms after you have run and tried to beat them will result in you and your client getting a beat down.

You have to be a practicing lawyer for 3 years to run for Judge.

Judges are God's. I have never meet any group of people as a whole that think they are more entitled or great than a Judge. The Rules simply do not apply for them. There are exceptions but even then it is varying degree of greatness.

Someone got in a lot of trouble a few years ago for referring to 36th District as a "ghetto court." the speaker meant ethnically insular and walled off from, in this specific reference, the common management and functioning of most courts.
    That person lost herjob for the description.
    My view is that the crowd of 8 Black women judges on the court are a plague for Detroit. Just look at them with their hair and nails and furs. They are elected by churches and they distribute justice that keeps them popular with the neighborhoods where all the boys are always "good boys."
    In Inkster Judge Sylvia James got caught. Hopefully Judge Milller will get found out for something bigger than being a pig at the public trough.
    Last edited by SWMAP; February-28-13 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jj84 View Post
    Judges are God's. I have never meet any group of people as a whole that think they are more entitled or great than a Judge. The Rules simply do not apply for them. There are exceptions but even then it is varying degree of greatness.

You've not spent any time around surgeons, have you?!

And there is a bridge owner who plays with judges as if they were chess pieces, and not the tall&pretty ones that can move many positions at once, either.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Someone got in a lot of trouble a few years ago for referring to 36th District as a "ghetto court."
    That 'someone' was a city attorney, and one of my absolute favorite customer memories from my time at Eph's Deli. She would often come in later in the day, so we'd have time to chat a bit. I knew she was in a pressure-cooker...and she was railroaded out over telling the truth.

In the old days [[my time!) in Recorder's Court, used to drive me nuts having to appear in court after working midnights. Leave the precinct station at off duty roll call at 8:00 a.m., get down to court about 8:30, and then sit on my ass for two hours until the judge took the bench around 10:30 or so. Old Traffic Court [[Traffic and Ordinance Division, Recorder's Court) was a lot better. The Referees always started promptly. Roman Gribbs was the best.

Not to mention the cases that get dismissed in traffic court when the officers can no longer wait by the time your name comes up from waiting all day for the judge! Which is a good day if you are fighting a ticket! This happened to me.

I was all set to present my case before the judge for having a good record etc. relative to a disputable minor traffic infraction. The officers left, all of their case non felonious dismissed!
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-28-13 at 02:14 PM.

You definitely have to wonder about the judgement capacity and/or impartiality of a judge like the honorable mrs Miller...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast