Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Looking for a good Caterer in the Livonia, Farmington, west side area?

I'm planning a small memorial, celebration of life party, and want to have some food, buffet style. Nothing fancy, just something to munch on... Nothing too gourmet, as I'm on a limited budget. It doesn't have to be Vegetarian, maybe salad would suffice for those folks... Someone suggested Brass Pointe in Farmington Hills, which would be ribs, broasted chicken, and salad... This is a very difficult time for me, and trying to figure this part out is stressful... Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you to all who took the time to read this...

When we buried my brother we had a small ceremony. It was just the family and a priest. We held it at the Senate Coney Island on Haggerty S of Six Mile. This Coney also serves as the clubhouse for a golf course. Therefore, it has lots of wood, windows, fireplace. It even has a full bar. We had the 'party' room to ourselves, able to order what we wanted, and the cost was Coney Island prices.

I hope your stress passes soon.

Crazylegs, I am helping my uncle put together a Memorial Service for his wife. We have decided to have the luncheon at the Idyl Wyld golf course and their restaurant, One Under Par. the Aunt was a big fan of golfing. They are located on 5 mile east of Newburg.

The buffet will be set up for 50 folks at a cost of $12 a head.

Crazylegs, I sympathize with your situation. There are a ton of tiny details that you are having to deal with if you aren't going through a funeral home. Everything from the guest book and easels for the photo collages, to announcements...

George's Senate at 6 mile and Haggerty RD. is good for the price. I would definitely endorse him. He'll work with you and you won't be disappointed.

http://www.corsisbanquethalls.net/catering-menu.html
    corsi's makes some damn good food, east of middlebelt on 7 mile.

every time someone passes on in my extended family, the whole troop makes it down to DeLuca's on warren + inkster in westland.
    http://delucaswestland.com/catering/

both have large banquet/party halls available.

if you need vegetarian, i recommend beirut bakery on schoolcraft + beech in redford.
    http://beirutbakery.net/menu.html
    they have a nice selection of salads and other veggie dishes.
    excellent hummus and everything i've had here has been fresh and delicious.
    Last edited by compn; February-27-13 at 12:16 AM.

Thank you very much to all who replied, and an extra Thank you to DetroitPlanner and gnome for your kind words! I guess I should of explained that I had already picked a venue [[a clubhouse at a friends condo in Farmington Hills), so that's why I was looking for food from somewhere near there. Nothing is set yet, so I can still change plans... Unfortunately, money is an issue, so I'm looking for good food on a moderate budget. As much as I'd like to have the venue do the catering, I think it would be a bit more costly... Now, I'm really confused [[not hard to do), and just want to have something intimate, casual, have a few drinks, and tell a few stories on how much my husband was loved!
    p.s. gnome, thanks, I never even thought about an easel...

Most restaurants will bend over backwards to cater a meal. What might be suitable would be to contact one of your husband's favorites and have them do it. Many will bring food a longer distance than you would imagine. This could be as simple as contacting the nearest Jimmy Johns or perhaps a nicer place in Farmington like Ginapolis'

Just wanted to say I'm so sorry. Times like this are very stressful.

Crazylegs, I did not realize this was for your husband. I am so sorry. You need someone to do some of this legwork for you. Do you have anyone to help?

I like DP's Jimmy Johns suggeston, and there is Chicken Shack and Belisino's [[sp) ... it is a sub place like Jimmy Johns.

Dagwoods also is another thought. They are right downtown Farmington Belisino's is further down Grand River on the left.

Again, I am sorry you are having to go through this.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I like DP's Jimmy Johns suggeston, and there is Chicken Shack and Belisino's [[sp) ... it is a sub place like Jimmy Johns.
    Bellacino's is the correct spelling. Yeah I'm not proud. I eat cheap crap far more than I should.

theres dans giant submarines on orchard and grand river. they do big party subs, potato salad, bean/pea soup.