Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do they save these bullshit lists for special occasions?

I'm not linking to it to give these guys hits, but Forbes just came out with their most miserable cities list and Detroit, Flint and Warren are all in the top ten.

Now you won't see me questioning that this is a dysfunctional place.

But the timing of some of this stuff is kinda weird.

Detroit and St. Louis are in the WS so an article naming them the two most dangerous cities in America appear.

New Orleans and Detroit are in a playoff game so a similar article pops off.

When Detroit's financial situation is in the news a list you don't want to be on is sure to follow.

I'm not arguing against the content of the article. I think most media in America isn't fit to wipe a dog's ass. But the timing of their release is interesting.

Default 2013 Detroit MOST Miserable City in USA [[Forbes)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...erable-cities/

Forbes recently named Detroit the MOST miserable city in America. Anyone here actually surprised?

Well duh!!!

Warren and Flint made the list as well.

Regardless of how you feel about their delivery, they're right on.

Detroit and Flint sucks [[is there anything going right for most of their citizens right now?), and so does Warren unless you're a retiree from the auto industry. South Warren is essentially little Detroit now, or as I call it, Warrentucky.
    Last edited by 313WX; February-24-13 at 12:43 AM.

"Well I am sick and tired of being told that I'm fed up with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am. " -Monty Python's Flying Circus

In a related story, DetroitYES named most miserable internet forum.

Wow was someone mad at the Midwest.

Btw if miserable equated to suicidal, it wouldn't be the list above. Most those cities have very low suicidal rates where the ones Forbes names best 'whatever' have quite the share of different problems.

Just be happy Detroit gets good press from legitimate media sources.
    Last edited by wolverine; February-24-13 at 02:02 AM.

And in a related story, DetroitYES! finds Forbes the most miserable magazine in the USA.

GUSHI Guest

Wasn't Miami the most miserable last year, Sunny , beach , warm, wtf does Forbes no anyways,

I agree with the premise, that is how the news media works, take advantage of a story and exploit it. However I don't think that is going on here. I don't think many nationally give a crap when Bing goes on CNN or CBS does a story on Kwame's trail. The Forbes story is going to come out the same every year. They are just telling us what we already know.
    Last edited by kenp; February-24-13 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Wasn't Miami the most miserable last year, Sunny , beach , warm, wtf does Forbes no anyways,
    I second that. Forbes needs to stick to being a financial magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    In a related story, DetroitYES named most miserable internet forum.
    based on some of the posts i read, I would agree with this assessment

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    I would think they would know the difference between KNOW and NO for starters...

They didn't use sports teams as a criteria this year, so we can't blame the Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    I would think they would know the difference between KNOW and NO for starters...
    C'mon, give him a mulligan.

I think Forbes is the most miserable magazine in the United States, so we're even.

When I saw this on the news I said "what else is new". It seems Detroit is on the list every year. Detroit sucks we all know blah blah blah. Detroit being miserable and the worst city on earth is old news. What I don't get is why people never get tired of it.

I've lived in Warren my whole life and currently am residing in Detroit. Never felt miserable and quite frankly never been happier. Frobes, speak for yourself! We're doing just fine without your input.

Yeah, maybe one of the Forbes' family members is sitting in a parlor eating caviar, sipping on champagne surrounded by Vermeers and yet feels like a turd; as in Charles Forbes the turd.

"Happy Places" list in Feb 21 issue of USA Today. Michigan was listed 45th.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...itter/1933587/

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    yeah, maybe one of the forbes' family members is sitting in a parlor eating caviar, sipping on champagne surrounded by vermeers and yet feels like a turd; as in charles forbes the turd.
    nice!!!!!!!

Nice Honky Tonk, but it smells bad.

Sheesh. My adopted home city of Las Vegas usually makes that list. Or any other list that has to do with the worst of something.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    South Warren is essentially little Detroit now, or as I call it, Warrentucky.
    That just adds to the list of Taylortucky, Hazeltuckey, Hillbilly-Heights, and Roachville [[Roseville). This area has a lot of hillbillies it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Detronic View Post
    I've lived in Warren my whole life and currently am residing in Detroit. Never felt miserable and quite frankly never been happier. Forbes, speak for yourself! We're doing just fine without your input.
    In defense of Forbes [[it hurts saying that), their findings are just based on stats and collected data. The economy overall is bad, a lot of down and out people, and no mass transit. I wouldn't call this a "happy" progressive region.

With that being said, the list means nothing on an individual bases. A lot of people here are like yourself and not miserable. Personally, I would never leave unless something happened where I HAD to, but I know people who live in actual real cities like Portland and they say the vibe is much better off than here, but doesn't surprise me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast