Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Mildred Gaddis - Not you too

Ain't no fun when the rabbits got the gun!

Seems as though Steve Wilson has his cameras focused on Mildred Gaddis. Channel 7, is doing a promo on Mildred, what is this all about?

Steve Wilson will be on Mildreds radio show at 7:30am
    Listen: http://wmplayer.interactiveone.com/909.htm

A non issue from Steve. Making a mountain out of a mole hill. Again.

Steve has made the _ list! All started by a losing candidate for city council and a blogger according to Ms. Gaddis.

I have been saying on here for a while that Gaddis is hopping all over the place. Conyers went from ghetto, gutbucket, buffoon and a fool to her best friend while the Cobo deal played out. She signed on heavy with Sam Riddle, now who knows...She took up so hard vs. KC Jr. that it almost seemed over the top. What seemed a "voice of reason" now is unlistenable.

Carmen are you sure you have listened to Ms. Gaddis lately? She disapproves of Monica's actions but believes she is correct on the Cobo deal. KC Jr needs to have the opportunity to find that high paying job he mentioned during his failing campaign for mayor. Who lets an old outside man beat them in their own backyard?

carman,

Conyers is "ghetto, gutbucket, buffoon and a fool." while Conyers was correct about the Cobo deal. Anybody that takes up "so hard vs. KC Jr. that it almost seemed over the top." is definitely doing the right thing.
    "What seemed a "voice of reason" now is unlistenable' that is debatable.
    She has her opinion on issues, I have mine, sometimes I agree with her, sometimes I don't. She is a talk show host, her job is to discuss topical issues. She does her job well.

Not an non-issue at all. At the very least, there are some ethical questions about disclaimers--it should have been announced, by Mildred and WADL, that the program was paid programming. At most, Mildred's company received money to produce the program. Did Mildred financially benefit from producing the show? According to her, no. According to Steve Wilson, maybe. WADL may be in hot water [[according to Wilson) for not running a disclaimer. At first they tried to pin the blame entirely on Mildred, but then backed off and admitted that they knew about the "pay to play" aspect of the show and should have slapped a disclaimer on it.

Sat in the parking lot for 15 minutes listening--almost late for work!

A non issue because very few will care.
    Being on WADL even fewer will actually ever see it.
    Mildred has agreed a disclaimer should have been stated, oops, her bad.
    I highly doubt Mildred was intentionally trying to fool the public or "pay to play" Is she guilty of not dotting her i's and crossing her t's, YES - throw her under the bus - HELL NO!

Steve is over hyping an error. One that he just could have easily pointed out to her the mistake and been done with it.

Mildred is a gossip queen, not a journalist, I can only listen to her as an entertainer, much like Rush Limbaugh. Gossip monger, flame fanner, conspiracy kook, tongue clucker... all terms that are more accurate than journalist.

Jmil did you hear Mildred and Steve this morning? You are correct I have never seen her show on Saturday. Steve is listening to a losing candidate and a blogger who Mildred named today.

I did not speak on the merits of the Cobo debate. I merely mentioned how she went from calling her out to answering the call with "well, good morning Council President" in a loving voice. Sounded disingenuous to me. As for KC Jr., I make no mention of his qualifications or his tenure. I simply mention that she was so over the top, it appeared that she was working for the other side. If she was, she needs to mention it at the top of the show.

As far as doing her job well Jmil, that is debatable.

The very first post about the rabbit having the gun is extremely accurate in this case. If the shoe were on the other foot, Mildred would be all over this.

Would she downplay this if it was known that Kwame paid to appear on a program to promote his campaign and the proper disclaimers were not aired? Hell no, she would talk about this on her show for at least 1 month straight.

diver1369 Guest

Someone else called it pay to play politics. Mildred Gaddis sold out her credibility for a $1,000/ candidate. How could she and her employer fail to mention they received money for time on her program? They should both be reported to the FCC and made to bring other non-paying Council candidates on to her program for interviews and equal time to express their views. That would be serving the community rather than lining their pockets.

kraig is exactly right. It is an example of why I now call her "unlistenable"!!!

carman, than don't listen. It is your right and that simple.

I don't have a horse in this race. Steve/Mildred they are both there strictly for my enjoyment AND to sell air time. Their loyalty and responsibility is to make money for their employer. I'm not confused. Maybe you would prefer Tom Joyner or Steve Harvey in the morning. They are quite entertaining.

I don't let MSNBC, FOX, Rush Limbaugh, Chris Matthews, Steve Wilson or any other mouth with a microphone determine my opinion. They are simple A source to receive information. What I do with that information is up to ME.

I don't listen Jmil. I quit the morning she jumped all over Michael Grundy in favor of Monica Conyers. It was an aboutface that I found almost as strange as MC changing her vote on the Synagro contract.

As far as what you listen to or find entertaining, I could not care less. And I wonder what ever made you think that I did.

carman if you spoke to mike grundy for five seconds you too would jump all over him. The dude has a huge unjustifiable ego.

As far as what you care about or not, wonder no longer. Duh stay off a message board if you don't care. Or do like I do, and just ignore folks. I'm starting to wonder if that is carMAN or carMAT????

Let me show you how that ignoring thing works. bye bye

Jmil....ooohhhhhh good one...carman or carmat...hahahahahaha. I have never spoke to Grundy and don't plan to. But her dressing him down at MC's request was something. Now as far as you go, I am wondering if it is Jmil or a twelve year old......

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jmil View Post
    A non issue because very few will care.
    Being on WADL even fewer will actually ever see it.
    I highly doubt Mildred was intentionally trying to fool the public or "pay to play" Is she guilty of not dotting her i's and crossing her t's, YES - throw her under the bus - HELL NO!

Steve is over hyping an error. One that he just could have easily pointed out to her the mistake and been done with it.
    "Oops, her bad"?? Sorry, that doesn't cut it. That's on par with Kwame.

And Pugh knows better, too.

Anybody who had facetime with her should be automatically rejected by voters.

Man, I've heard of pimpin a ride but a radio show???
    Some poor folks may have actually believed there was
    a non biased approach to the show. Not anymore.

Anybody like Karinda Washington the whinner should not be elected. According to Steve she is his contact. Make sure she is a two-times in a row loser. I would love for her [[KW) to go to wxyz and get Steve Wilson to do 15 minutes of fame for a grand. That would be interesting. Hi EB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmil View Post
    Nonsense, that was no mistake. If that disclaimer is made it defeats the point of Pugh and the other woman of paying $1,000 to appear in that type of setting. The two of them had a huge advantage going into that interview. They were all trying to pull a fast one on the voters of Detroit.

apparently too little too late...
    after the news special tonight they updated saying that they received a letter from channel 38 stating her show was canceled and their contract with her was terminated!
    crazy when investigative journalism pays off...

lilpup Guest

So does it happen at WCHB, too?

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Nonsense, that was no mistake. If that disclaimer is made it defeats the point of Pugh and the other woman of paying $1,000 to appear in that type of setting. The two of them had a huge advantage going into that interview. They were all trying to pull a fast one on the voters of Detroit.
    I wonder how many watch that channel. I have never watched it. I don't agree that the candidates were pulling a fast one. How would they know the rules of the FCC?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast