Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Biden's Bad Advice for Shotgun Owners?

Umm, vice president Biden says to scare off intruders shoot your shotgun "...two blasts outside the house"? This does not sound ideal or useful. Could even be dangerous - it is being argued. Is he setting up a strawman argument to be knocked down easily to which cause?

Biden Says a Shotgun Will Scare off Intruders

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/biden-shotgun-scare-off-intruders-18540479

Joe Biden's Shotgun Advice Could Land Jill Biden in Jail

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-biden-in-jail
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-22-13 at 10:31 AM.

When I lived in the shack on Medbury X Moran some years back I was having problems with a group of neighborhood kids throwing rocks at our house and climbing onto the roof doing their best to drive us crazy night after night. Im not a gun nut but I do own a couple of shotguns. One night while being harrassed I simply stepped onto the front poarch blew two 12 gauge slugs into the ground and presto, no more problems from then on. I just wish I could have seen them run for theyre lives as Im sure they thought I was shooting at them.

Quoting Biden is the gift that keeps giving.
    There is no way he would be elected President in the next election.
    If Hillary keeps her health up, she's the top contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Quoting Biden is the gift that keeps giving.
    There is no way he would be elected President in the next election.
    If Hillary keeps her health up, she's the top contender.
    Biden's got serious new competition for stupidity -
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module
    I haven't seen this reported by any our Left-Wing US "News" outlets.
    [[But I do agree with Biden's shotgun statement - guess that makes me stupid proving Kerry's point)
    Last edited by coracle; February-28-13 at 04:47 PM.

President, no. But I think I'd enjoy sitting down and having a beer and a little conversation with him. He has brought a bit of levity to the past few years of dreariness.

Joe is the Spiro Agnew of the Left.

The crazy, but funny, uncle who has the unique ability to say just the wrong thing at just the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Joe is the Spiro Agnew of the Left.

The crazy, but funny, uncle who has the unique ability to say just the wrong thing at just the right time.
    spiro agnew was an evil, corrupt jackass. not funny in any way

It amazes me to see so many people so partisan about Gun legislation aka bans.
    Somehow, our citizens have no problem giving up their Second Amendment rights to a Government - the SAME GOVERNMENT who armed and created Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban, who sends F16 fighter jets to the Muslim Brotherhood, who GIVES AWAY guns to the Mexican drug cartel [[who murders, tortures and beheads American and Mexican nationals routinely), who has had NO PROBLEM arming countless questionable forces from Afghanistan to Panama who have later turned the very weapons and training we have given them right back against us, while not feeling it is a problem giving up THEIR PERSON RIGHTS to a Government who OBVIOUSLY is not trusting their own people to bear firearms.

Here's some reality checks:

• Criminals commonly do not legally purchase guns. They are criminals.
    • Crack and meth are not sold in stores, yet you can still get it. Don't buy the B.S. from bad politicians that tries to make you think that somehow by making firearms less available to YOU that suddenly they will go away and not end up in the hands of criminals.
    • Taking advantage of tragedy to revoke Constitutional rights is not commonplace with our Government.
    • The Second Amendment was not created for hunters, it was created so the people could stand up against a tyrannical, overbearing Government.

While banning a large magazine or a specific firearm makes no difference [[just bring 2 clips or 2 firearms instead of 1 high capacity one, duh), I have no problem with people with documented mental instability or a record of violent crime having their individual rights restricted on a limited case by case basis, but an across the board Government restriction and elimination of Constitutional rights afforded to us by our founders is intolerable. And it should be intolerable to the left AND right.
    Since when should the Constitution be a partisan document?

It doesn't take a Government long to turn [[freedom) this:
    Name:  freedom.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  13.0 KB
    Into this:
    Name:  aushwitz.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  10.1 KB
    If you let it happen.

Never forget that just because the guy or gal who happens to be in the White House just happens to be from the Political Party of you like more [[of the 2 parties full of liars, cheaters, and the well connected) that suddenly Government is so trustworthy you are willing to give up your Freedom.
    If you do, you are a fool.
    Last edited by Papasito; April-14-13 at 06:08 AM.

^^^^ No... not here! Not this planet? It could never happen... 'again'..........

Defending the Constitution and Bill of Rights is not a crime.... it's our duty as citizens to keep our freedom.... we should be this concerned if any part of it is threatened.

I'm tired of the argument that if George Bush did something wrong then Obama has a clean slate to the same bad things, or worse. Government in general can not be trusted, or at a bare minimum be held in check, and that includes both parties of lying stealing cheating power hungry totalitarians.
    The left thinks it's great taking away their own rights just because their guy happens to be in right now. The issue is : 1. Once you give Government power they never give it up. 2. Once you give up your rights, they never give them back.

Last edited by Papasito; April-14-13 at 08:50 AM.

Precisely! This in part defines REVENGE POLITICS and will harm this country long term. It is our internal issue ala how the government and the elite therein function and what we allow - willingly. We own this, so long as we continue to participate and stay quiet for sake of party and status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    I'm tired of the argument that if George Bush did something wrong then Obama has a clean slate. Government in general can not be trusted, and that includes both parties of lying stealing cheating power hungry totalitarians.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-14-13 at 08:58 AM.

Another thing to remember is this:
    The Constitution was created for protection of the people FROM Government by limiting the powers of Government and granting rights to the people.

When any politician of either side talks about altering the Constitution in any way, it is a BAD thing. It will take more power away from the people and hand it to the Government.

If you think restricting guns is a great idea because you're a Democrat and it's the Democrat standard right now, you will wish you had your guns if a Republican or Independant [[or even an out of control Democrat!!) gets in and turns the Government on the people.
    It's not that far fetched. Read some history...it has happened time and time and time again all throughout history all around the world.
    The Second Amendment was primarily created for citizens to defend themselves... from a tyrannical Government. Think about that a second.

Traitors should be executed

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Traitors should be executed
    But then the USA wouldn't exist...