Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Are You Prepared? v2.0 -[Gas Prices 2013]

February maybe almost done with, but 2013 is still a young chicken and before March can even make an entrance, gas prices look to top $4 a gallon already. Experts blame mixture of refinery issues, market speculators, a weakened dollar, and turmoil in the Mideast for the recent surge in gas prices.

This year looks like we could easily top $5 a gallon. Once the psychological barrier of $5 a gallon has been breached, there is no telling just how high gas prices can go. But the price for a gallon of gas is not the only worry, with the fiscal cliff looming in one week, the expiration of the payroll tax holiday, and various other economic factors, we could be looking also at record high prices for food, clothes, airplane tickets, and anything that needs to be transported by truck. Strap on your seat belt folks, the ride is going to get really rough.

Are you prepared?
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; February-20-13 at 09:01 PM.

Though I don't own a car, gas prices will play into my decision when renting a car for travel. If gas prices do break $6 in Chicago or $5 in Indiana, probably not going to be driving. I've been seeing a steady rise in food costs regardless, so I'm already anticipating spending more than I have anyway...but doubting some huge spike. Just the cents piling on each month.

Oh well, at least my favorite beer will remain the same price.

The oil companies with the consent of bought and paid for politicos have a book of reasons why fuel prices have to remain high. It is about a foot thick. It covers any and all problems, real or imagined.

Up 7 more cents today. It's about to go down. $4 gas is on its way, very soon too.

I doubt it.

I don't see anything that has changed from last year to suggest $5 per gallon gas or event gas much higher than $4 per gallon.

It's like the Forbes article "Detroit declared most miserable City in the USA". You have to resurrect it every now and then for effect.

Gannon was a little ahead of his time. Me? I'm right on time.

we had one last year, too.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    we had one last year, too.
    If this keeps up, eventually we'll reach our $5 a gallon goal.