Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

That's good news!

Although, I'd be a little upset if I was the auction company or someone who had already traveled here from out of state to attend today's cancelled auction.

Glad I went to the outlet in Livonia on Monday. Wonder if it will open up again after 30 days or so. Can't beat those prices. Good stuff.

If only Hostess would have the same fate. I miss my Twinkies......

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Glad I went to the outlet in Livonia on Monday. Wonder if it will open up again after 30 days or so. Can't beat those prices. Good stuff.
    Absolutely, I love shopping there. Just make sure you go on a full stomach. I made that mistake once and ended up with a month's worth of baked goods.

I worked there with my brother in the late sixties baking bread and doughnuts. There were always racks outside the lunchroom with "damaged" baked goods on them which were free for the employees to munch on, and if your favorite wasn't there, a finger poke through the clear plastic of a new box would put it on the rack. Good days and fond memories.

Sounds like the days I when assisted my neighbor during the XMAS holidays, he drove a Stroh's beer truck & there were plenty of dented cans at the warehouse for all of the drivers/us to drink cold beer from when the shift was over.....back then a 6-pack of Goebel @ A&P was .99 cents!

On TV news Robert Awrey gave salvaion credit to Jesus Christ. He also indicated he would be somewhat involved in the new operation.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    On TV news Robert Awrey gave salvaion credit to Jesus Christ. He also indicated he would be somewhat involved in the new operation.
    Bob or Jesus?

it appeared by his piety, both.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    Will Jesus be one of the replacement workers?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Will Jesus be one of the replacement workers?
    Jesus is going to be one of the bakers. You should try his coffee cake, it's heavenly.

Maybe some hot cross buns.
    I wonder what concessions the workers face?

All day old baked goods, half-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Jesus is going to be one of the bakers. You should try his coffee cake, it's heavenly.
    Jesus should be pretty good at making angel food cakes.