Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Freelancers Unite!

An Office in Detroit is opening a co-working space for those of us who are "real-job" impaired. 2727 Second Ave, Detroit, #200. I can't wait for these guys to open.

I learned about it in MLive:

Excerpt:

"But the group, which Milgrom said ranges between 10 and 30 members, does have a set location. It plans to have a “very rough opening” in a 512-square-foot space inside the historic Metropolitan Center for High Technology at 2727 Second Ave. in Downtown Detroit on March 1.

While their current space is “cozy,” Milgrom said that the group has the option of expanding into surrounding spaces should the need dictate. He calls the group’s March 1 opening “rough” because the core members will move in with basic furniture, an internet connection, and little else. That too will change as An Office in Detroit grows, Milgrom said, adding that the group envisions adding specific areas for people with different professional needs such as radio broadcast."

http://www.mlive.com/business/detroi...to_provid.html

That is a great way to meet people facing similar problems in the marketplace.
    Networking, breaking the isolation and putting different skills together in common projects are all possible with this kind of effort.

Tell us if you join the group and what the buzz is around the place. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Tell us if you join the group and what the buzz is around the place. Good luck!
    If I join, I'll definitely share my experiences, canuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    If I join, I'll definitely share my experiences, canuck!
    Very innovative idea the An Office in Detroit people came up with. Yes, please let us know how it works out if you join.

For certain this sounds like a great workable idea! You're independent but part of a community. A better option for some than setting up a store front while you are developing your business! Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Very innovative idea the An Office in Detroit people came up with. Yes, please let us know how it works out if you join.

"The worst thing for a writer is to know another writer, and worse than that, to know a number of other writers. Like flies on the same turd."

--Charles Bukowski