Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Joe Gentz gets at least 17 years for murder of Jane Bashara

Kind of worried how all this goes down with Judge Vonda Avans presiding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0LUjVf2Ero

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Kind of worried how all this goes down with Judge Vonda Avans presiding.

I had the SAME thought.

Another example of why Detroit is the way it is. Wow just wow!

Though a murderer, Gentz was also a stooge, they need to get Bob for this.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Another example of why Detroit is the way it is. Wow just wow!
    What do you mean by this?

This situation is also a little fucked up to me.

It's implying he had a mastermind, who hasn't even been charged with the crime.

I also don't like it when simple minded stooges get more time than the brains that manipulate them.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    What do you mean by this?

This situation is also a little fucked up to me.

It's implying he had a mastermind, who hasn't even been charged with the crime.

I also don't like it when simple minded stooges get more time than the brains that manipulate them.
    I don't know if I'd use "Mastermind" to describe "Big Bobb's" mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I don't know if I'd use "Mastermind" to describe "Big Bobb's" mind.
    He's definitely not an intelligent scumbag--he tried hard to scrape up the few brain cells he had when choosing someone dumber than himself do his dirty work. Not hard enough, BigB!
    O.o
    I believe he'll be charged soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    I believe he'll be charged soon.
    Hopefully with about 4000 volts.

Despite anyone's personal thoughts on Bashara's guilt or innocence, isn't it a little over the line for a judge to be making the comments below, about someone who has yet to be charged or even indicted? Gentz could be telling the truth but it's also obvious he's not playing with a full deck, I'd think that any decent judge would wait to share their opinions until after a case is tried.

Have yet to read anything similar from any of the Federal Judges who've heard the numerous cases of Kilpatrick's already convicted associates, the Feds only address the case and individual before them during sentencing. Sure, the U.S. District Court is a far cry from our sad 36th District but professional is professional, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit News
    A Wayne County Circuit Court judge called a handyman who has admitted to strangling Jane Bashara an "obedient servant" in the brutal killing of the Grosse Pointe Park marketing executive.

On Tuesday, Joseph Gentz, 49, of St. Clair Shores, was sentenced to 17 to 28 years in a state prison by Judge Vonda R. Evans for second-degree murder in Jane Bashara's January 2012 death. Gentz entered a plea deal last year and had said her husband, Robert Bashara, paid him to kill her...

"All you wanted to do is feel empowered and needed by a person who used you to achieve his goals: freedom from his marriage," Evans said.
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ed-murder-case

very true Bopcity

Vonda Evans doesn't play, she'll surely drop the hammer on him, just like she did those five guys who kidnapped and killed those 2 young women found by the Rouge River. But why hasn't "Big Bob" been charged? He clearly had her killed.

But she has been arguably lenient in the past....