Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Restaurant located on S. side of Plymouth Road west of Greenfield in late 1960's

I am attempting to locate the name of a restaurant/diner that was located on Plymouth Road west of Greenfield in the late 60's early 70's; the south side of Plymouth; I do believe there is a McDonalds there now.
    Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by highjinx2; February-18-13 at 12:10 PM.

There was a Henry's Hamburger at that corner. Sign was still up in the 80,s long after the building was gone

Henry's was a block or two north on the west side.

Thanks, but I had to edit my post; sorry; this place was on Plymouth Road west of Greenfield on the south side of the street.

Someone on the FB 48227/48228 page will know this.

How close to Greenfield? I recall a diner but it was a few blocks west of Greenfield

Everything I remember so far was on the north side of Plymouth except the carry out deli and party store a couple blocks east of Woodmont.

Henry's Hamburger was on Greenfield just north of Plymouth Rd. The Atlas Theater was on the north side of Plymouth Rd. just a few blocks west of Greenfield. Across the street was a coin shop - Jerry's Coin Case. Was the diner west of the Atlas Theater & Detroit Bank & Trust? Tom's Garden was a Chinese restaurant also on Plymouth Rd. several blocks west of Greenfield.

The Clock?

I believe it was Dandy's.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    How close to Greenfield? I recall a diner but it was a few blocks west of Greenfield
    That would be the place......

Are you sure its the same location of Mcdonalds. The Mcdonalds is not a few blocks west of Greenfield.
    Was this place a real funky Mom and Pop place?

Check out the thread from the old site. Look at all the names from the past, back when this site was really hot. Even Itsjeff
    http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/6790/83010.html

Wow, I can't believe how many people left this site!

Yes I know that fancy post art deco like restaurant on the corner of Plymouth Rd and Greenfield near Winthop St. Just across the street where a supermarket name "Red Bull' was it before it came a McDonald's. It was a Coney Island when I went there. The place was closed in 2000. The building was looted and was demolished. Now a vacant lot.

^^ If anyone would know, it would be Danny.