Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Concierge

[[Not available to those in some socioeconomic strata.)
    What?-they didn't site the original Mel Brooks "Producers" in their references?

Again, check out the page 95 June 1988 Spy article on "We have ways of making you stroll"https://books.google.com/books?id=pW...page&q&f=false. More and more buffers have been created, and eventually the rich will be cloistered so far out of reach from the common man, as all their goons and thugs sell their fellow man out and do the bidding of these jack*sses. Soon all law enforcement, rehabilitation, care centers, etc. will be privatized and operated by folks with agendas in the worst areas. The powers that be will have their own police force to stomp on those that speak up. They will be as easy to recruit as the former police men or former criminals [[as the Nazi party did) of this age. Will Kapos in prison camps be any harder to attain?

and why?-because we let it happen. Because we were "shown" flimsily contrived/fabricated examples of how government regulation is "bad". We were lead by the nose on everything as we let corporations [[the kind that none of our leaders-including Obama, I will say-never protected us, the consumers, from) impose and demand one concession after another upon us. We accepted the service charges for every little sleight; we let them make errors without fining them for it, but we let ourselves get regularly fined for our tiniest errors [[the first minutes of "Matewan" are very crucial for explaining why we have unions). They sold us onto gizmos and social media [[a requirement for a lot of job-hunting) sites to spy on us. If that didn't weaken us, they messed our minds up with poor nutrition and "ask your doctor about" Big Pharm [[a requirement if one takes on "dual-diagnosis disability" as many Boston residence do-and yes, they drug test you to see you are on their drugs.).

For us to forget that CONTROL is the holy grail of all conspiratorial operations is to do a great disservice to all that history is and all that our ancestors suffered through.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    What?-they didn't site the original Mel Brooks "Producers" in their references?...
    I had to look that up: "Concierge" clip from 1968 Mel Brooks' "The Producers". Funny clip. I like the way she says "boids" and "concioige."

Okay, that didn't quite match the point I was attempting to make — that the very idea of a "concierge" is alien to lower socioeconomic strata. On the other hand, maybe it did match in that she recognized it as somehow related to a social status to which she strove.

I've always thought of a concierge as the personification of privilege, a vulgar custom.

^^^well, I guess I kind of get that it's just some odd "formality"-imposed position that smacks of authoritarianism bullying on the part of those lucky to appoint such positions.

That article in Spy [[scroll down to page 95) is funny-how we have these atriums, plazas, and huge public venues [[one in NYC is very much cited as being attached to a certain wealthy Presidential hopeful of recent) we are asked to gawk in awe at, but stay too long and....well,the "goon squad" shows up to ask if they can "help you". On that note; it's a shame-there are a few in Southfield that are unavailable to the public which was not the case in the 80's [[and I wonder what became of the mall and tunnels at the New Center I visited in the early 90's).

Sleep deprivation brought me to my preaching-to-the-choir rant about "how it came to be". Yet, to me a concierge under certain settings is only a few steps away from being a Kapo from a dramatic Prison Earth perspective. I know-I had to be a "velvet rope" for some techno venues in Detroit.

I guess I was following on the train of the wealth disparity graphed and highlighted above and the issue of "how did it get so bad" with the lack of vigilance that brings society every under the grip of "the powers that be".

Yet, it's always been history:

Let's hope and pray it's the kind of historical era of class war and wealth disparity [[and all of the ridiculous strain of lies that goes with it all coming from those that can afford the hype and whitewash engines to do the job) we all can recover from and not a prelude to a worsening.

The Collapse of Middle Class Jobs

http://www.alternet.org/economy/coll...ddle-class-job

Just 25 years ago GM, Ford, and Chrysler generated a combined $36 billion in revenue while employing over 1,000,000 workers. Today Apple, Facebook, and Google generate over a trillion dollars in revenue with 137,000 workers.
    Researchers at the University of Chicago have estimated that half of the labor decline in this century is due to the replacement of people with computers and software. Oxford University researchers forecasted that half of all jobs will be performed by machine by the 2030s.

Watch the patsies take the fall in this case. The Parasitic Saboteurs in Power™ don't commit these crimes until they know in advance that they'll be found "above the law." This is the best democracy that money can buy.

Attorney general leads criminal probe of Wells Fargo bank
    California's attorney general is conducting a criminal investigation into whether employees at San Francisco-based Wells Fargo bank stole customers' identities in the sales practices scandal that rocked the bank and cost its CEO his job, documents released Wednesday show....

"This is a huge case of fraud," said Beth Givens, executive director the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, a nonprofit San Diego-based consumer advocacy organization. "At its face value, these individuals' identities have certainly been stolen."

"I think one of the effects this case could have, particularly on Wells Fargo, is a loss of trust in this institution, but that could spread out to the banking industry in general," she said. "I would be concerned about the reputation of the entire industry."
    As if "too big to fail" hadn't already demolished that reputation.

And now we're hearing that store-branded credit cards are beginning to charge up to 40% interest.

The "legitimate businessman" predators are entering a feeding frenzy and guess who's on the menu?

Soylent Green Is People!!!

Michael Moore- Beat the Rich

Can nobody shut that guy up?

Default The Pathology of The Super Rich

Chris Hedges discusses his personal insights into the psychology and private behavior of the super rich and how these things relate to the state of the world today.
    Affirmative action for the rich.[ i.e. — the norm]
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-21-17 at 09:15 PM.

To me the blame lies with the American public and not the Titians of industry or technology.

The titians have been around for ever but it was not until after the mid 1920s did we see the start of the middle class,before that it was super rich or poor.

They play thier games and manlipulations but only when we allow them,we as individuals choose to enrich them by our buying habits and demands.

We demanded cheaper products which are produced by cheaper labor,they filled that demand and still made billions.

As consumers we do not care about our neighbors or fellow citizens,just as long as we get what we want as cheap as possible whether we need it or not.

We open the door and let them in and give them the best that the world has to offer,but it comes at a cost and until we close the door,nothing we say or do will ever change it.
    Last edited by Richard; June-22-17 at 04:02 PM.

A 17-minute video: The Explosion of Bullshit Jobs featuring David Graeber. I can't say I agree with the rest of the video. Some of it has a whiff of charlatanism to me.

Graeber says "Over the course of the last century or so, mechanization has actually eliminated a lot more jobs than we really think it has." That's certainly true but doesn't entirely explain "The Explosion of Bullshit Jobs." I think "jobs" has become a euphemism for "subordination" and what mechanization [[and automation) actually did was eliminate the need for subordination.

Without subordination, there is no need for rulers, ironically making rulers unnecessary. Well, rulers won't stand for that! So rulers [[who have the authority to do this:) create bullshit jobs to justify their own existence.

I find it interesting that "jobs" [[in the abstract) is universally regarded as a positive thing. Politicians use the word "jobs" and their audience hears "incomes." No one ever seems aware of the "subordination" baggage that hides under the "jobs" word.

Very à propos observation Jimaz.

We are bombarded with the promise of jobs, swamped with news of robots replacing a huge number of these at short notice...

Never been a better time to look at what productivity means for the masses. More health consciousness, less junk in our bodies and our environment. Politicians need to earn our trust, not the other way round. A society of leisure with a couple working two jobs to pay for higher ed and outrageous health care plans should not be sustained in the future.

THE GREATEST WEALTY ROBBERY worldwide is being perpetrated under in the name of DIVERSITY and is taking the form of organized invasion of the developed countries by "third world illegal refugees" orchestrated by UN; ably abetted by stupid Western "Politicians" who think we "deserve" it for being successful, and are only interested in securing their own sinecures.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    THE GREATEST WEALTY ROBBERY worldwide is being perpetrated under in the name of DIVERSITY and is taking the form of organized invasion of the developed countries by "third world illegal refugees" orchestrated by UN; ably abetted by stupid Western "Politicians" who think we "deserve" it for being successful, and are only interested in securing their own sinecures.
    Wrong website friend. You're looking for storm front .org. That's just down the Internet street. Common mistake, happens all the time.

To be fair to David Graeber, here's another video where he essentially agrees with my previous post: 5 Types of Bullsh*t Jobs with David Graeber.

I look back with fond memories of spending a couple years working in a factory — mostly because it unquestionably produced real benefit to others. The misconception that office workers produce greater value than factory workers is tragically unfair.

True, there might be a general difference in education but to me that difference seems largely unnecessary. I've met some surprisingly brilliant people who chose to do factory work.

Most folks in offices have bullshit jobs. I don't blame them though. I think they're involuntarily herded into those desk chairs by "administrative types" for reasons of "office politics."

Will this never end:
    Corporate Consolidation: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver [[HBO)?

Heavily consolidated industries can lose the incentive to innovate....
    Yes, yes it will end. But it won't be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I look back with fond memories of spending a couple years working in a factory — mostly because it unquestionably produced real benefit to others... Most folks in offices have bullshit jobs.
    People in offices were designing the things you were building. And the machines you use to build those things. And the software that ran the machines. And a person in an office designed the factory you were building the things in.

Are those different than the office jobs you are talking about or do those not count somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    People in offices were designing the things you were building. And the machines you use to build those things. And the software that ran the machines. And a person in an office designed the factory you were building the things in.

Are those different than the office jobs you are talking about or do those not count somehow?
    I've done all that too. You're too selective. Of course those specifically selected jobs are all both different and count.

The problem is that they're increasingly rare in the totality. The difference is the enormous multitude of other, artificially created, bullshit office jobs [[which is Graeber's point).

Factories may have their own corruptions, but actual on-the-clock factory work is indisputably honest. I envy, respect, and salute that.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-26-17 at 10:18 PM.

Equifax: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver [[HBO)

Why are these events even allowed to become a problem for so many consumers? The victims didn't do anything to deserve this. Is the financial industry no longer capable of policing itself? Remember "too big to fail"? What next? Where does this end? Does it end?

Why is the burden to correctly identify borrowers not placed squarely on the shoulders of lenders?

I hear there is finally talk of abandoning social security numbers as a means of identifying people and using a cryptologic mechanism instead. With Public Key Cryptography there would be no need to share your private key with Equifax or anyone else yet anyone could verify your true identity by using your public key. This change is long overdue.

Default The Big Picture: How We Got Into This Mess and How We Get Out of It

Robert Reich looks the rise of Big Money in politics, the decline of our democracy, and Trump's election.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast