Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Detroit Police divers to remove 15 Autos from River...

Well I thought there were fewer cars on Detroit's roads....

But geeze.... 15 cars are submerged in the Detroit River???

http://www.9and10news.com/category/story/?id=156405

I wonder what kind of creepy surpises might await the team when they check the inside of the vehicles...

It would be interesting to find out the statistical history [[car jacked, stolen, accidental, suicidal, etc..) of these submergings...

I will have to check out the Detroit area stations for their take, I heard that first on Trudy news. Wonder of there are parts for any of my cars.

Insurance..

Blarf Guest

Jimmy Hoffa.

The Purple Gang drove cars across the ice, sometimes they didn't make it...

Follow up article....

"Detroit River gives up its sunken, er, treasures"

They didn't pull up much in the way of anything criminal, but they did get a 1972 Toyota Celica, a 1978 Ford Mercury, a 1982 Ford Mercury, Chevrolet pickup from the 1970s, and [[at least part of ) a 1950's era Buick.

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Insurance..
    Exactly right.

I think Blarf was right. Hoffa was last seen driving a Chevrolet pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    I think Blarf was right. Hoffa was last seen driving a Chevrolet pickup.
    No!! Hoffa drove his blue '74 Grandville to the Red Fox.

Quote: "1972 Toyota Celica, a 1978 Ford Mercury, a 1982 Ford Mercury, Chevrolet pickup from the 1970s,"

Right about the time the economy here tanked. I was dating a girl that worked for a bank about that time, and she said people were coming in almost everyday and handing them the keys, they didn't want to have their car repo'd at their house.

CountrySquire, it was a joke just as Blarf's comment was a joke.

Sorry, just trying to impress everybody with my smarts.

A Celica in Detroit in 1972? Guy's neighbor probably pushed it in the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    A Celica in Detroit in 1972? Guy's neighbor probably pushed it in the river.
    Shame more people didn't do that to their neighbors today.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit500 View Post
    Shame more people didn't do that to their neighbors today.
    ^^^^ Mental giant.^^^^

That Buick looks like a '57 model.

diver1369 Guest

If you happen to spy a car that looks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQnO2...eature=related
    It's mine.

Fury, I hope you realize I was joking.

4real Guest

They were looking for cars so they can make money off the tax subsidized cash for clunkers

People used to dump cars at the base of Dearborn and Jefferson, down in Southwest Detroit. By the Water treatment building. Seems as though they were constantly pulling cars out in the 80s.

If they find a Dexter bus down there, we all know who to blame. I might have to turn State's evidence. So much for the attorney-client confidentiality rule.

Thread from the dead, but I'll play.

When are they going after the other 200 or 300 down there? The bottom of the river is more like a parking lot according to some.

How do they know where to even look? I mean, the surface area has to be dozens of square miles.

The Rock uses his sonar on the Winsome to find buried treasure. He's still looking for Spanish ships but ran outta gallions.

As for the Dexter bus. Was it a Dexter-Greenfield or a Through to Northland?

jjaba, Westside Torah Bukkor on the Dexter bus turning East onto W. Grand Blvd. by Fisher YMCA heading down to Wayne on Cass Ave.

The Purples lost their cars to sudden warm weather on the Eastside. To posit otherwise is skating on thin ice. The Rock represented those mobsters back in his early practice.
    jjaba, Westsider.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast