To keep welfare
    running here.We think Canada/America
    darn good place!
    Too darn good
    for white man race.If they no like us,
    they can scram,
    Got lots of room
    in Pakistan.
    There's nothing funny about this particular piece of anti-immigrant hate speech. It is sad, that much is true. It's sad that stupid people believe it, even though it's not true, and they still believe it after being presented with the facts. Legal immigrants are generally not allowed to draw state or federal aid for the first five years of legal presence and those that are here under Entry Without Inspection [[illegal) status are not entitled to welfare programs at all. Those are the facts but narrow minded simpletons will refuse to believe the facts as outlined by federal law. Here's a good article separating fact from fiction but if you're stupid enough to believe the "poem" above, a fact based article isn't going to convince you otherwise...

http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/a..._immigration_/

I am not against assistant for folks who need it but when is enough enough.

families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies.Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisanWashington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S. The results, published this month in a lengthy report, are hardly surprising.Basically, the majority of households across the country benefitting from publicly-funded welfare programs are headed by immigrants, both legal and illegal. States where immigrant households with children have the highest welfare use rates are Arizona [[62%), Texas, California and New York with 61% each and Pennsylvania[[59%).The study focused on eight major welfare programs that cost the government $517 billion the year they were examined. They include Supplemental Security Income [[SSI) for the disabled, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families [[TANF), a nutritional program known as Women, Infants and Children [[WIC), food stamps, free/reduced school lunch, public housing and health insurance for the poor [[Medicaid).Food assistance and Medicaid are the programs most commonly used by illegal immigrants, mainly on behalf of their American-born children who get automatic citizenship. On the other hand, legal immigrant households take advantage of every available welfare program, according to the study, which attributes it to low education level and resulting low income.The highest rate of welfare recipients come from the Dominican Republic [[82 %), Mexico and Guatemala [[75%) and Ecuador [[70%), according to the report, which says welfare use tends to be high for both new arrivals and established residents.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...llect-welfare/

Key State Provisions

States can cover immigrants with substitute SNAP, Medicaid, and TANF benefits using their own funding and since 2009, states have the option of covering lawfully present children and pregnant women in Medicaid and/or CHIP. The key state provisions include whether to provide:[9]
    • state-only-funded food assistance to qualified immigrants ineligible for SNAP;
    • state-only-funded substitute TANF and Medicaid benefits to qualified immigrants during the five-year ban;
    • state-only-funded benefits to nonqualified immigrants; and
    • federal/state-funded Medicaid/or CHIP benefits to lawfully present immigrant children and pregnant women as authorized by CHIPRA.

Legal or legal...that is where your taxpayer money is going... trust me I have nothing against the melting pot but not when our governement has to pay for it on my dime with NO end in site...

Last edited by MizMotown; February-17-13 at 05:30 PM.

Oh, please. I'm not sure where your opinion stops in that post or where your copy and paste starts. You got that information from the Center for Immigration Studies which is an anti-immigrant think tank like FAIR. The author, Steven A. Camarota has written exclusively about anti-immigrant topics and is about as believable as his brethren Tom Tancredo and John Tanton. Do you really believe that report is unbiased and neutral? I certainly hope not. Study after CIS study has been found by actual scholars to be flawed, biased, exaggerated and ultimately, debunked.

John Tanton started FAIR and is believed to be behind CIS also. He is a nativist that lobbies for a reduction of immigrants and the removal of immigrants, specifically Hispanics. His hate doesn't stop there though. He is a known racist and has been known to hang in white supremacist circles.

If you're going to copy and paste studies [[with little to no apparent distinction between your individual thoughts and theirs), please don't bother posting the flawed thoughts of someone that is, in the words of the SPLC, "...a man known for his racist statements about Latinos, his decades-long flirtation with white nationalists and Holocaust deniers, and his publication of ugly racist materials."

You want to debate the issue with facts like, the average user of welfare is a white woman, or that American born children are eligible for some types of welfare regardless of the legal status of their parent[[s) then we'll debate. But don't let known racists speak for you. Nice try, though.

First, I will post whatever the hell I want to post. Just like you!

Second, according to this study from 2012 white women are not the highest percentage on welfare.

Statistic Verification
    Source: US Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Commerce, CATO Institute
    Date Verified: 10.15.2012
    Welfare is the organized public or private social services for the assistance of disadvantaged groups. Aid could include general Welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits. The Welfare system in the United States began in the 1930s, during the Great Depression. Opponents of Welfare argue that it affects work incentives.
    Welfare Statistics
    Total number of Americans on welfare 4,300,000
    Total number of Americans on food stamps 46,700,000
    Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance 5,600,000
    Percent of the US population on welfare 4.1 %
    Total government spending on welfare annually [[not including food stamps or unemployment) $131.9 billion
    Welfare Demographics
    Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
    Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
    Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
    Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
    Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %
    Welfare Statistics
    Total amount of money you can make monthly and still receive Welfare $1000
    Total Number of U.S. States where Welfare pays more than an $8 per hour job 40
    Number of U.S. States where Welfare pays more than a $12 per hour job 7
    Number of U.S. States where Welfare pays more than the average salary of a U.S. Teacher 9
    Average Time on AFCD [[Aid to Families with Dependent Children)
    Time on AFDC Percent of Recipients
    Less than 7 months 19%
    7 to 12 months 15.2%
    1 to 2 years 19.3%
    2 to 5 years 26.9%
    Over 5 years 19.6%
    Top 10 Hourly Wage Equivalent Welfare States in U.S.
    State Hourly Wage Equivalent
    Hawaii $17.50
    Alaska $15.48
    Massachusetts $14.66
    Connecticut $14.23
    Washington, D.C. $13.99
    New York $13.13
    New Jersey $12.55
    Rhode Island $12.55
    California $11.59
    Virginia $11.11

According to THIS PARTICULAR SOURCE here is some additional information...

Welfare Use by Immigrant Households with Children

A Look at Cash, Medicaid, Housing, and Food Programs

A Look at Cash, Medicaid, Housing, and Food Programs

Download a pdf of this Backgrounder
    Related Publications: Video, Transcript

Steven A. Camarota is the Director of Research at the Center for Immigration Studies.

[TD="width: 2%"]

Thirteen years after welfare reform, the share of immigrant-headed households [[legal and illegal) with a child [[under age 18) using at least one welfare program continues to be very high. This is partly due to the large share of immigrants with low levels of education and their resulting low incomes — not their legal status or an unwillingness to work. The major welfare programs examined in this report include cash assistance, food assistance, Medicaid, and public and subsidized housing.
    Among the findings:

• In 2009 [[based on data collected in 2010), 57 percent of households headed by an immigrant [[legal and illegal) with children [[under 18) used at least one welfare program, compared to 39 percent for native households with children.
    • Immigrant households’ use of welfare tends to be much higher than natives for food assistance programs and Medicaid. Their use of cash and housing programs tends to be similar to native households.
    • A large share of the welfare used by immigrant households with children is received on behalf of their U.S.-born children, who are American citizens. But even households with children comprised entirely of immigrants [[no U.S.-born children) still had a welfare use rate of 56 percent in 2009.
    • Immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, even before the current recession. In 2001, 50 percent of all immigrant households with children used at least one welfare program, compared to 32 percent for natives.
    • Households with children with the highest welfare use rates are those headed by immigrants from the Dominican Republic [[82 percent), Mexico and Guatemala [[75 percent), and Ecuador [[70 percent). Those with the lowest use rates are from the United Kingdom [[7 percent), India [[19 percent), Canada [[23 percent), and Korea [[25 percent).
    • The states where immigrant households with children have the highest welfare use rates are Arizona [[62 percent); Texas, California, and New York [[61 percent); Pennsylvania [[59 percent); Minnesota and Oregon [[56 percent); and Colorado [[55 percent).
    • We estimate that 52 percent of households with children headed by legal immigrants used at least one welfare program in 2009, compared to 71 percent for illegal immigrant households with children. Illegal immigrants generally receive benefits on behalf of their U.S.-born children.
    • Illegal immigrant households with children primarily use food assistance and Medicaid, making almost no use of cash or housing assistance. In contrast, legal immigrant households tend to have relatively high use rates for every type of program.
    • High welfare use by immigrant-headed households with children is partly explained by the low education level of many immigrants. Of households headed by an immigrant who has not graduated high school, 80 percent access the welfare system, compared to 25 percent for those headed by an immigrant who has at least a bachelor’s degree.
    • An unwillingness to work is not the reason immigrant welfare use is high. The vast majority [[95 percent) of immigrant households with children had at least one worker in 2009. But their low education levels mean that more than half of these working immigrant households with children still accessed the welfare system during 2009.

http://www.cis.org/immigrant-welfare-use-2011

And i'm sorry you see it as " anti-immigrant hate speech" I thought it was more like turning the tables... not against people who need assistance but a broken system.

Be well...

I love this part:

Total number of Americans on welfare 4,300,000
    Percent of the US population on welfare 4.1 %
    Apparently, we lost 210 million Americans somewhere. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of a perfectly good story.

Total number of american on food stamps; 46 million.

I need me some inspiration for a title for my new book;

Capitalism; a success story.

Money; it's a given.

Free market system; no cost to you.

Public debt; private enterprise

"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian."

— Pat Paulsen

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Meanwhile, back in the USA, the Obama administration has teamed up with the Mexican government to promote the use of food stamps by illegal aliens in the US. Who is being more outrageous; the Muslim cleric or the Obama administration?

Oladub, don't let anyone tell you that you don't have a gift for reinterpretation. From your link [[emphasis mine):

USDA has an agreement with Mexico to promote American food assistance programs, including food stamps, among Mexican Americans, Mexican nationals and migrant communities in America.

Which of those three are "illegal aliens"?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Oladub, don't let anyone tell you that you don't have a gift for reinterpretation. From your link [[emphasis mine):

Which of those three are "illegal aliens"?[/FONT][/COLOR]
    gp, Don't let anyone tell you that you have a gift for reading comprehension.

Answer: Large subsets of choices b and c.
    Last edited by oladub; February-20-13 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    gp, Don't let anyone tell you that you have a gift for reading comprehension.

Answer: Large subsets of choices b and c.

You *do* know what the definition of a "national" is, right?

While it's almost certain there is a small fraction of migrant workers who are illegal immigrants, I'd like to know why you're so convinced that they're just going to have cash lavished on them. I mean, if ICE hasn't found and deported them yet, it's a little hard for the federal government to start handing them fabulous prizes, don't you think?

Unless, of course, you know a way that someone without a Social Security number is able to collect food stamps.

It scares me that your post above implies "Mexican" = "illegal".
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; February-20-13 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    You *do* know what the definition of a "national" is, right?

While it's almost certain there is a small fraction of migrant workers who are illegal immigrants, I'd like to know why you're so convinced that they're just going to have cash lavished on them. I mean, if ICE hasn't found and deported them yet, it's a little hard for the federal government to start handing them fabulous prizes, don't you think?

Unless, of course, you know a way that someone without a Social Security number is able to collect food stamps.

It scares me that your post above implies "Mexican" = "illegal".

gp, I'm glad you are here to assure us that illegal aliens do not receive food stamps and imply that they are not a burden on US taxpayers.
    " The 1996 welfare reform law significantly restricted food stamp eligibility for non-citizen immigrants. However, the 2002 farm bill reversed this policy, restoring eligibility and making the enrollment of non-citizen immigrants a high priority," the Senate Budget Committee explains." So maybe, just maybe, some illegal aliens do receive food stamps though technically they aren't supposed to receive taxpayer benefits, be working in the US, or even be in the US.

Thank you for emphasizing my points by posting:
    USDA has an agreement with Mexico to promote American food assistance programs, including food stamps, among Mexican Americans, Mexican nationals andmigrant communities in America.
    "Mexican nationals" , are one of the classes that the USDA is promoting as recipients of American food assistance programs according to the quote. That wasn't me. That was Obama's USDA. I guess it makes more sense than giving assault rifles to Mexican drug lords. The phrase 'migrant communities' does not specifically mention Mexicans but since this article is about the Mexican government, it is fair to assume this has something to do with Mexican "migrant communities" in the US.

I do agree that cash is lavished on illegal aliens from wherever they come. Illegal alien children go to public schools for free to begin with. When President Obama was peddling Obamacare, we were told the 45m Americans did that have health insurance. Then President Obama started saying that illegal aliens [['undocumented immigrants' in Newspeak) were going to be ineligible for Obamacare benefits and reduced the number to 38m uninsured Americans to make the program more palatable. 38m made Obamacare magic math work out better than 45m. Now, he wants to put them on the path toward citizenship without redoing the math. The following quote is from
    Zeituni Onyango, President Obama's illegal alien but not Mexican Aunt [[not to be confused with Uncle Omar who was ordered to be deported in 1992 but is still here.)

Last edited by oladub; February-20-13 at 12:13 PM.