Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Silent film fest at the Senate Theater, Feb16, 7pm

just saw this online and figured i'd post it for others...i always hate finding out a day late when the Detroit Theater Organ Society is doing something cool.

http://dtos.org/

Silent Movie Comedy Festival

Saturday, February 16th at 7:00pm

6 short, funny silent films that'll have you laughing:

LOVE - Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle - Romantic slapstick comedy
    IT'S A GIFT - Snub Pollard - Alternative fuel gadget comedy
    THE MECHANIC – Jimmy Aubrey - Outrageous slapstick in an auto repair shop
    ONE WEEK - Buster Keaton - Newlyweds try to build their dream house
    OUTBOUND - Sid Smith - Daredevil comedy
    BETTY BOOP IN BLUNDERLAND - Cartoon

Live Musical Accompaniment with Dave Calendine on the Mighty
    Wurlitzer Pipe Organ!

Bring the whole family, tickets at the door, Adults $10, children
    12 and under $7

Senate Theater
    6424 Michigan Avenue

Thanx for the post. Always a good time.

Nuts, I won't be available, I'd love to check that out. Nice to see the Senate doing more movies from time to time.

Any drinking folks might want to stop in at Abick's Bar on the way to/from the Senate. Abick's is @ 3500 Gilbert, corner of Gilbert and Dennis. A real neighborhood bar, right in an old residential neighborhood. Street parking only, have to have the door unlocked to get in.

Sounds like a good time!! Anyone going?

There’s a short clip of “Love” [[1919) with Fatty Arbuckle on YouTube.He built a Fotdette almost one hundred years ago! He was a true pioneer. If you haven’t seen “Out West” [[1918) with Fatty and Buster Keaton, you gotta watch it on YouTube.
    Name:  Fatty.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  27.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    There’s a short clip of “Love” [[1919) with Fatty Arbuckle on YouTube.He built a Fotdette almost one hundred years ago! He was a true pioneer. If you haven’t seen “Out West” [[1918) with Fatty and Buster Keaton, you gotta watch it on YouTube.
    Name:  Fatty.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  27.9 KB
    Arbuckle's Harley Earl designed 1919 Pierce Arrow was recently up for sale.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/newslett...letter207.html

May 19, 2013 at 3 PM

Buster Keaton's classic silent film, THE GENERAL, and two other Keaton short films will be presented with live Wurlitzer theater organ accompaniment at Detroit's Senate Theater. Organist Dennis Scott is accompanying the movie. This program is suitable for all ages and will acquaint today's audiences with a silent film classic and the musical and sound effects background enjoyed by audiences in the early 20th century.

Tickets at the door. $10.00. Doors open at 2:00

http://www.dtos.org/

https://www.facebook.com/SenateTheater

Years ago, at the DIA, I remember seeing one of the Charlie Chaplin movies, and at another showing, the magnificent French film Napoleon with the triptych screen and incredible action scenes. Both had live orcherstras and were amazing events, music add so much.

i'm not a fan of the silent films. give me the pre-code [[1929-1934) talkies any day.